5 × in wishlist
113 × member ratings
231 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Haig Club Single Grain Scotch Whisky
24 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 62.77 points
- Slightly sour on the nose, some vanilla and honey, not much else; Taste creamy sweet but very thin overall; In the finish finally light flavors that at least briefly remind of whiskey ...
- As much as everyone hates this, in fairness to Haig reps whom I met at an event in Islington they did explain that this is actually not intended for drinking neat but is designed for mixers. If you put this with coke or lemonade it actually works as a drink.
But clearly it is heavily over-priced and over-hyped. I don't think this has done the Haig brand any favours.
- Ba ...
Sweet hairspray. Some lemon shampoo.
Sharp, artificial, sweetish. Nasty taste.
- I gave this grain to a friend who is not a great whisky drinker, and he preferred it to some single malts that he tasted.
It's nothing for whisky lovers, but it earns a note over 70.
- Not a good dram. Needs time in the glass to become slightly better
A bit sour and decayed. Very unpleasant. Woody. A bit more time, and more grass and hint of honey
Toffee!! Candy. Woody
More caramel. A bt dry and bitter
- This is basically Vodka. I can't imagine that it is meant to be sipped on its own. Maybe it works with a mixer but I would opt for something cheaper then
- Nose:- Very mellow and soft nature dressed with persistent heated pepper pungency. Direct and citrus orange. Palate:- Cream fruits, oily and buttery. Stable on palate. Well blended
with care. A hint of honey and virgin oak. Although missing the
boldness, but easy and pleasant on palate. Highly approachable.
Finish:- A touch of almond on the way down, light peppery and star anise comes along. Prickly and lightly sweet.
— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
- Whiskey tasting: Haig Club https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJEbyinN44