- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 19 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 54.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- La Maison du Whisky
- Added on
- 20 Jun 2014 1:41 pm by Amsterdam
15 × in wishlist
61 × member ratings
87 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1995
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.07 points
- Nose: Aged sherry, chocolate, raisins, dried apricots
Taste: Mainly notes of slightly bitter sherry. In the next attempts you can feel cherries and a slight peppery / herbal character. Fairly strong aroma.
Rating: 88 100 - A fairly long warming up finish. Correct Glendronach.
Deep. Christmas cake. Leather. Old cellar. And of course the dried fruits. Menthol. And the nutty trademark note from this distillery. Dark berries and marzipan.
Glue-y. Dried fruits again. Cinnamon. Menthol. Blackcurrants. Dried fruits.
Long and a bit dry. Some Oaky tannins. Dark berries. Menthol and the nuttiness of course.
- Clean, beautiful Glendronach. Classical oloroso influence with no off notes and a nice complexity.
Classical clean oloroso with leather and old furniture, chocolate, toffee fudge, slight fruitiness with raisins, cherries and oranges.
Sweet. Prunes in chocolate, toffee, ginger bread, truffles. Christmas cake. Not very fruity but savoury and elegant.
Quite long on sweet chocolate, raisins and oranges again.
- TASTING NOTE LMDW Color: mahogany. Nose: white pepper and cinnamon, dates and smyrna grapes. Spices from the oak are in contrast with the fruitiness and bring complexity and depth. Palate: intense and rich, marked by notes of molasses, plums and prune syrup. A herbaceous and aromatic side, brings more complexity and give a lively character to the classic notes of sherry.
- Blind tasting.
Fudge, syrup, orange, chocolate and fresh lime.
Full with forest fruits - cassis, tobacco leafs, spices - pepper and cloves. A bit young in the taste.
Bitter, orange, meaty and spices - pepper and cloves.
- light amber, spicy nose, less marked sherry than other Glendro SC, almonds, chocolate, coffee, honey, vanilla. Subtle mouth, quite fine and complex, waxed furniture, coffee, various spices, honey, not too dry. It just lacks a bit of thickness. Pretty good length, final on coffee and spices.
- Nose dates, waxed furniture (encaustic), honey, praline, mocha and morello cherry. The attack is very sweet then the power unfolds with an aromatic noble varnish, turpentine, dark chocolate, very greedy! Long final that starts to shoot the coffee, slightly praline. Very very good, a nice explosion of flavors, a busy malt.
- Excellent. 89 + / 90 -
Très sherry, meubles cirés, vernis, moka concentré, grains de café chocolaté avec sa crème glacée au café, chocolat noir, vanille et des notes de noix
Bonne concentration, petit dessert bien qu'un peu sec, compensé par la finesse des arômes : moka , crème caramel, prune cuite, noix, praliné, miel de chataîgne
Longue, sur la prune, le café, et la noix.
- When I tasted this one after the '96 for Kierzek on PX, I really realised how gentle and juicy this one is compared to a lot of other sherried GlenDronachs.
Also put it next to cask 2380 for Whiskynerds, and although these are much more similar, also in that comparison this one seemed a bit more sophisticated.
Compared to the previous 1995 GlenDronach for LMdW (cask 1774), this one is more fudgy and juicy and less nutty.
Toffee, cherry, spice, raisin, prune, marshmallow and a little tobacco. With water a little lighter with peach, raspberry and rhubarb.
Cherry, toffee, raisin, milk chocolate, praliné, marshmallow and pepper. When adding water, some creamy peach, plum and raspberry.
Toffee, cherry, peach, milk chocolate and raisin.