- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Malt
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Dec 2008 9:35 pm
63 × in wishlist
546 × member ratings
2032 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Yoichi 10-year-old
65 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.01 points
- The 10YO whisky is a sweet, a little bit peaty, salty, with black pepper and chocolate notes in the palate. The finish is a long, sweet, spicy, dry and lightly peaty. It’s an one of my favourite 10YO whiskies.
- Rather dry but very good, nice wood and leather notes. Could be even better if it was a bit more fruity but it's still great - in particular considering that it is (only) a 10yo whisky.
Oaky, leathery, nutty
Oak wood, leather boots (but the good ones), dried fruits, apricots, little vanilla, subtle sweetness, pretty punchy
Long and burning
- Comment: Pure oak, very little smoke, very round, not too soft, long on the tongue, probably one of the best 10 year olds I know.
Apricot, grapefruit, winey, hint of ginger and hint of horse stable
Blood orange, earth, nutty, dried fruit and oak
Medium finish, wax, vinous, spicy, nuts, lemon zest and ginger
- A great and oily malt. There are only a few 10-year-old standard bottlings at this level. Far exceeds 10 year old Yamazaki. More like 12 year old Yamazaki. More flavor, less fruit.
If it cost € 60, as it did in 2012 ... that would be nice. At 120 €, however, my pain threshold for this bottle would be.
Very delicate and elegant smoke, a slightly salty freshness rises towards you. Some mint, honey, oak, orange and apple.
Strong and sparkling start. Amazingly oily for its age. Tidy oak cargo - the barrels worked well. Dark chocolate, honey, pear, oranges.
Medium-long finish. What remains is a delicate, chocolaty and pleasant bitterness, together with an orange aroma.
- Nice 10 from Japan. Will probably be my last bottle - the price has risen abnormally! Shock!!!
Initially sweet fruit notes, minimal smoke that turns into heather smoke. Floral tones and notes of plum are recognizable.
Sweet floral fruit notes with heather and plums. A couple of cherries flash.
Heather, plums, a little spice.
Medium to long and very pleasant. No bitterness.
- Calm and unhurried whisky, takes time to unfold, complex, taste plays the main role here - aroma and finish only create a background, frame it.
Open, dry, delicate woody notes, lemon and orange peel, coated tablets, grain, light animal shades, some flowers and fresh grass, mineral tones - gypsum, drying plaster;
Dense, rich, tart oak, grain, nuts, leather goods, lemon peel, coated tablets, sweet caramel notes, ginger, pepper wave, more grain in development, tablet shades, strong creamy sweetness appears, old leather goods, lacquer shades, industrial mineral motives, in general, adds strongly.
Spicy, warming, oak, lemon zest, grain, a little ginger, leather goods.