- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon Cask Matured
- Number of bottles
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 26 Apr 2014 2:35 pm by Chemist
14 × in wishlist
313 × member ratings
703 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore Small Batch
59 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.52 points
- I like this whisky; for me, it's a solid value-for money malt with a good balance of flavors. Light peat, lemon, a little saltiness, a little vanilla, putty (or Play-Doh, perhaps), and a subtly smoky finish. Not a huge cast of flavors, but the ones that are there are clear and distinct. Very drinkable. Undemanding, perhaps, but tasty. I would prefer it if it had an age-statement (even a small one, like seven?), or a 43% abv, but at the price asked there isn't too much to complain about.
- One of my favorite budget malts, it is young and simple but at least it is distillate driven, no oak trics, and young Bowmore can ben very nice, the spirit is very clean and not heavy on the peat.
- This one lingers in the mouth, it's quite allright but not my cup of tea
Smoked vanilla, floral (burnt grass), fresh notes from seabreeze
Gentle, smoky, floral, fruity, mouth warming
Dry, spicy, smoky, short
- Peat discrete, but a good dose of wood chips. Later, a little old side that gives way to the famous lemon-cereal couple. In the mouth, spices and peat, suppleness approaching a blend a little watery. The spices are sweet in the finish, where fruits come, with a citrus aftertaste. A dram a little too easy to drink, but far from unpleasant. The most "weak" Bowmore I've ever tasted. Enthusiasm 3/5