29 × in wishlist
57 × member ratings
66 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ireland 1987 DD
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.73 points
- Thanks to XVII for the sample
- What a bomb of exotic fruits / white and Pomelos !! The nose is beautiful The mouth is well complex with always these fruits and spices A final a bit tangy, but the retro-olfaction is superb and even appear honey! Yum ! 92/100 if I could put 92.5 I would have put it!
- Huge fruity. If we had to find a fault it would be this drought in the final
A ton of fruit. What an exoticism! Passion, mango, guava, ripe papaya, pomegranate. Apricot jam as well as beeswax. Perfectly perfect.
Bwah! May be even better than the nose. The attack is really creamy. We find all these exotic fruits very ripe. Dried apricots, bananas, dates, vanilla. And then light woody, toasted notes that bring a little structure.
Long. Obviously ... fruity. May be a little dry.
- The nose is superb, very fruity, exotic, more acidic than, say a Benriach 1976, but just as exuberant. Pineapple still lacking maturity, peach, vanilla, wax. It's really very pretty.
The mouth is a little less successful for my taste. Not that the fruits are absent (mandarin, papaya), but they are more withdrawn, having to share the front of the stage with greener notes and spices (ginger, white pepper).
The finish is quite long, at first fruity, exotic, then developing on vegetal notes, the fruit passing in the background.
A very nice whisky, but I would not put the 315 euros requested. In the exotic style, I would still prefer to lengthen a little to get a Benriach 1976 on WA which are, for those I've tasted, a notch above this Irish.
- My review can be found here:
- Too good!
Exotic fruits: acid papaya, mango and pineapple. Less exotic fruits: citrus fruits and pear. There is an apple pie side (apple / cinnamon). We also smell sweet spices. Nicely complex.
The least we can say is that it is very intense. Whisky literally solicits all my taste buds. Perfect harmony between the acidity of exotic fruits, cane sugar and fresh ginger. There is a very pleasant sea salt side at the end of the mouth. Alcohol is at its optimal level.
Very long on sweet fruits and sweet spices.
- http://www.weinkenner.de/2014/drei-whiskys-aus-dem-bourbonfass-von-der-gruenen-insel-34256/ Color: straw yellow
Nose: Tingling salt rises in the nose, followed by vanilla flavors, gooseberries and apples. Mostly dull and mild, but sometimes pungent salty. Fruit gum and tobacco ... then again dull and mild.
Taste: Delicate consistency with tingling minerality. A salty spice spreads - fresh and dry. Notes of leather, honey, bland herbs and rhubarb characterize the mouthfeel.
Finish: Medium length - resin, fresh pine needles, herbs and spicy-aromatic tea. In addition, light, juicy notes of freshly split wood.
Note: Tingling salt throughout and nose like chameleon.
91 points (nose: 90 / taste: 91 / finish: 91)