- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Orcadian
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 07 Dec 2008 6:24 pm
62 × in wishlist
618 × member ratings
2203 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Scapa 16-year-old
70 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.79 points
- Delicious whisky, peat and some smoke make the taste delicate.
- an almost watery perfume for the scents, too diluted, not allowing the flavors to really stand in the mouth.
velvety sweetness, well-presented malt, creamy vanilla and yellow fruits, also a little exotic
a little salt, sulfur, it is also spicy, back wood dampened by the sea and sodden winds, but it is also very (too) sweet!
it's missing back on the fruits too
the salty side comes out, a little wood and spices.
- A decent representative of island whisky, is not particularly deep and varied, but all that in it is well-opened and perfectly balanced. Pleasant easy and quick talk.
Apple-citrus, slightly spirituous, rhubarb, kiwi, apple juice, mineral tones - sun-heated gravel, light notes of dried fruits - dried apricots, raisins.
Pepper-sweet, then woody bitterness followed by lemon-compote tones.
Warm pepper, soft, orange peel, caramel, medium-length .
- Quite boring.
Not much. Whiffs of cardboard, apple, honey and dough.
Cardboard, pepper, apple, sugared almond and caramel.
Re-re-refill musty nuts. Apple, wine gum, vanilla and cardboard.
- A dramtic lack of complexity, an empty whisky at a dementia price. .... Should a subjective note be added, it would be a 70.
Lemon yellow dress. It is very fruity on the nose, pink grapefruit, sweet with lemon, wax, herbaceous, toasted.
In the mouth, it is unctuous, very focused on citrus, pink grapefruit and its zest, cut dry grass, a bitterness that is not very pleasant.
The finish is short on bitters and lemon zest.
- Not too complex but pleasant balances and easy to drink. On cask strength would be powerful.
Mixed fruit basket, honey, flowers. Touch of herbals.
Oak, spices. Honey and citruses. Thin start but it's fine to the end.
Medium length, creamy, bittersweet.
- A mature whisky with an interesting mix of light and dark aromas. I like it.
Ripe peaches, plums and oranges, with cinnamon and cardamom. But also fresh with lemon and a salty sea breeze.
Soft and ripe, subtle oak spice, again dark peach and plum aromas, also spices.
Gentle finish, more spices here.