- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Highland Single Malt
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 Dec 2008 5:48 pm
7 × in wishlist
209 × member ratings
482 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberlour 10-year-old
38 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.26 points
- Score is for a bottle from 2006.
- Solid start and unfortunately rarely only available. I would also prefer the 12.
- In direct comparison with "comparable" ten year olds my favorite.
Slightly lemony, then pear, quite fruity. No smoke or oak whatsoever.
Full-bodied fruity, also bitter, followed by oak.
spicy caramel nuts
- Pretty fan at the beginning of this profile.
The whisky remains very diluted, weak in the final. The palate is easy, a little sweet, on toffee, vanilla and candied oranges
Sherry, oak, orange and forest fruit, more alcoholic
Strong, oak, more alcoholic, not particularly complex, but balanced in its limitedness
- Nosing: Fresh, sherry, fruity, a little young and one-dimensional
Tasting: Young approach with sherry, spicy, sweet, slightly tart
With water: Fruity, grassy
Comment: Not as complex as A'bunadh