- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Spanish Oloroso Sherry Butts
- 60.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- LKPG 4000
- Added on
- 12 Jan 2014 4:47 pm by indyjones
35 × in wishlist
286 × member ratings
778 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberlour A'bunadh batch #47
64 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.85 points
- A very fine batch. Lite sweetness (but not too sweet) with 65% chocolate without being too heavy. Nice layers of medium to dark fruit almost no heat on the noise or palate. Very nice and rewarding. Especially in December.
Edit; The sweet-spot on this is 10-14 days after opening and drink until its gone within 2 months
- Blind Imp Action
Tip: I really like it. Also the third Impo of Speedo convinced. So far, a really nice selection. Could have had it before, but unfortunately I can not really grab a distillery.
Single Cask from the Sherrytonne (probably First Fill). Not so old, probably 10-15. I'm typing on Edradour, although there's a special note to my name. Or a signatory bottling from the "flower vase" of a Speysider. Maybe Glenrothes too? But it lacks the "earthy and musty" ...
Slightly cool, the alcohol is there. I asked Speedo to label> 50% bottlings. What he did in this case too. Thanks a lot for this!
Cherry, slightly malty, dried fruit: figs and raisins, vanilla, a little coffee or roasted aroma and also a hint of black tea
Mouth: very fruity and sweet. The alcohol is not as strong as expected. On the contrary: well integrated as I think. The cherries are confirmed. Refreshment sticks (the orange ones)!
Christmas cookies, a little cinnamon and fruit cake
slightly dry, medium long and a touch of oak remains
- Very strong in the beginning. I gave it time, aerated it for two hours and was greatly rewarded. Beautiful scent, chocolate, caramel, dried dark fruits, vanilla.... Nice, coating mouthfeel, chocolate, dark fruits coming back again, some pears and coffee as well. An exceptional dram, lightens up a rainy day in November.
Great value for money!
- Sweet and strong, dates, raisin, christmas cake, old leather, winter spices, furniture polish, chocolate, vanilla, oak cask notes on nose.
Dried fruits, spices, pepper, dryness, green apples and chocolate notes on palate.
Spices, chocolate, dryness, dust, vanilla, dried fruits notes on long finish.
It’s a real sherry bomb!
- Take your time. Complex.
Spicy aromas from the sherry, orange and cacao.
Strong. Spicy notes with tones from fruit and oak.
Very long aftertaste. Spicy, herby.