- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 1st Fill Bourbon & Sherry Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 03 Jul 2007 7:21 pm
5 × in wishlist
161 × member ratings
303 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach Traditional
21 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.08 points
- Quite different, but nothing tasty, very eco, zero my style
Tree resin, notes of smoke, honey, grass, citrus
Very discreet smoke and resin constantly there, honey, citrus, vanilla, creamy-buttery, very earthy too, old, no longer good chocolate
Medium long, earthy, dry, bark
- 2nd Tried:- March 2016
N- Spirity and heated. Winery and musky with dust of floral and paper. Raisin and vanilla.
P- Vanilla, ginger, leather and dry mouthfeel.
F- Short - medium length, rough bites and bitterness remains. Pickled ginger. Under-age and lost focus. — at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.
First Tried:- June 2015 / Weighted Rate:- 63pt
Nose:- Mineral and oily note, drizzle with sweet smoke. Lightest and bland.
Palate:- Hmmm. Out of word.... Raw and flat. Shades of seasoned leather, musky.
Finish:- Empty and simplistic. Bites, and whiff of bitter.
Glad this expression has been omitted from their current range.
- Good value for money
Very light and fruity. Tropical fruit salad with malty sweetness - balanced and beautiful.
Surprisingly strong, sour - sweet with malt, fruits, oak and pepper.
The finish is of good length, sweet and dry with oak flavors.
- Testimonials Bernt Sjödin 20% first fill sherry + 80% first fill bourbon Color: Dark gold Scent: Fruity, night tones, weak smoke tones Taste: Mid-filled, smokers, some fatty people, first some sweetness but passing dry Aftertaste: medium with small smokers, fattones, dark chocolate Points: 78 http://smad.se/provningar/Provning%2067%20Neil%20Urquhart%20och%20Gordon%20%26%20Macphail.html
- Testimonials Per Eriksson Color: Very pale - slightly golden Scent: floral, apple small smoke tin, sour godiston Taste: Lightly sour smoke, a little sherry, lightly ekton little spices Aftertaste: acidic smoke left Score: 80 http://smad.se/provningar/Provning%2067%20Neil%20Urquhart%20och%20Gordon%20%26%20Macphail.html
- Pleasant. I tasted Kerttulin in Kievar 10/2014
Flowers, lime, a little smoke
Fresh flowers, light toffee, a little vanilla, grass, ginger
More herbs, springtime feel, light but surprisingly long