- Single Malt
- C&S Dram Collection (C&S)
- Bottling serie
- Dram Exceptional
- Stated Age
- 40 years old
- Refill Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 43.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 19 Oct 2013 7:34 pm
24 × in wishlist
131 × member ratings
102 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenglassaugh 1972 C&S
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.81 points
- [November, 2015] I had this dram during an "30+ years" tasting at Bonn.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 90. Unfortunately I took no detailed notes (pls. see my detailed review below).
- Ourstanding dram, very complex.
Sweet notes, fruit, chocolate, citrus, very complex
Again very citrussy, sweet, little bitter, malt and a little beery
Long aftertaste, bittern cut also chocolate
- Far less complex, less fruity and more oaky than other 70's Glenglassaughs I have tried. Yes, there are definitely floral, honeyed notes on the nose (which is better than the palate) and some honey and mirabelles on the palate. Becomes herbal with time in the glass. But oak takes over, and it is really quite bitter and drying at the finish. Despite the low strength, a little better with water.
- I did not bother trying this with water its only 43.1% and I felt water was not needed.
It was too thin on the palate and a bit one dimensional for my tastes. Out of 100 I woul give it no more than 80.
Not tried too many Glenglassaugh but I would not buy a bottle of this on the strength of this sample.
I would like to get the first glass out of a new bottle to re try and compare
(sample) Oranges, honey,menthol.
A little thin, cough syrup, sweet toffee, honey again, slightly bitter aftertaste.
- Single whiskybase sample.
Starts off quite unlikely - a mixture of pollen, flowers, and something like cooked veg - swede? Settles down after a while and becomes mostly about wax, honey and peaches, nectarines and pineapple. Also hay and dried flowers. Some faint smoke. After 40+ mins it turns even more beehivy and oily, which is great.
Quite light and a little flat. Honey, good mead. Some fruit. A little metallic/bitter, which is frustrating. Nice amount of oak spice. A bit of a let down compared to the nose.
Medium at best. Oak spice and same metallic note.