- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 13th Release
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Refill American Oak Casks
- 55.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 08 Sep 2013 11:20 am
55 × in wishlist
298 × member ratings
901 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 12-year-old
47 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.81 points
- This bottling saved the distillery for me as I was about to totally write-off Lagavulin, but yowza!!! The 12yo is both hands-down, pound-the-table, light-years ahead of the 16yo!
- It's a classic with a reason. It's well made, but also well matured. The result is a rather complex and not too heavy Islay dram.
Peat and coal smoke, vanilla, some mint and camphor. In the beginning, there is crystallized lemon, but this eventually develops towards peach. Finally, there is almond paste.
Full and sweet, with a pleasant spicy edge of pepper. It's not that peaty, rather smoky and salty (plain salt, iodine). The fruitiness of peach completes the palate.
Long and intense, on wood and bbq smoke, pepper, salted cod, and vanilla cream.
- Harmonious interaction between smoke, alcohol and spice. Wild and yet easy to tame. Great Single Malt - 16.08.2015
Wonderfully warm smoke, burning match, salty maritime, fishing net in fishing boat, anchovies in olive oil, oregano, smoked bacon
Musty, salty-maritime, herbal mixture, tart, peppery, alcohol is very well integrated and remains despite cask strength in the background
- Very decent whisky with a pleasant smoke. However, I need some water to tame it.