- Single Malt
- Samaroli (Sa)
- Bottling serie
- Sherry Wood
- Number of bottles
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 31 Oct 2008 6:12 pm
20 × in wishlist
33 × member ratings
43 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 1972 Sa
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 93.37 points
- The nose is outstanding with notes of tropical fruits that I can’t find on the palate, excellent!
- This was what happened when I did a head to head of different oldder Bowmore.
Before I started on the three 1972 offerings there was a clear front runner - the Sea Dragon had the best nose and palate.
Bowmore 30 year 43% Sea Dragon ceramic OB
Bowmore 1964 Gold 44year 42.4% OB
Bowmore 1972/1990 Samaroli Flowers 43%
Bowmore 1956 bottled 1980`s 43% OB
Bowmore 1972 36 year cask 3881 LMDW 48.8% Prestonfield
Bowmore 1972 16 year cask 1036-1039 43% Prestonfield
Bowmore 1965 20 year 48.5% Intertrade .
All of these Bowmore are quality but the Sea Dragon was a clear winner on nose and palate and I have revised my score upwards of the 64 Gold,the Samaroli had a great nose.
- An excellent Bowmore
The nose has a lot of toffee with a little creamy peat, peaches in syrup, sweet burning wood smoke, hints of Turkish Delight.
Full on the palate, with plenty of peat mixing with the toffee, caramel and fruit including raspberry and a little blackberry.
Long and fruity with a discreet peat in the background
- Too bad the mouth lacks a bit of power and especially that the final is so short, because for the rest, it's an archetype of perfect whisky ... Old peat, smoke, exotic fruits, salty notes, a hint of sherry ... A wonder that descends very (too) fast because it takes great sips to overcome the lightness of the mouth. 93/100 anyway, because we will not find any more like that ...
- Also one of my favorite Bowmores - Excellent!
Nice toffee notes, a high portion of fruitness, tropical fruits, bananas, citrus fruits, going into orangy, touch of peat and smoke
Very creamy and smooth, great sherry wood, nice sweetness, toffee and coffee notes, dark fruits, little smoky and leathery
Medium long and warm, stays nicely sweet until the end
- Wow! A bit smokey, leathery, sherry, old books and a subtle sweetness round up the very balanced and brilliant impression. Actually no lemony or grassy notes that are typical for Bowmore. This is one of my favorite Bowmores. Easily 95 points!
- deep gold color, expressive nose, citrus fruits, ripe exotic fruits, leather, coffee, toffee, mushrooms, earth, light peat, all very well melted by the OBE. Very smooth and very mellow, thick texture, marked by the OBE, slightly peaty, many citrus fruits and exotic fruits (mandarin, mango ...), spices, coffee, iodine ... It's a little soft but incredibly easy. Medium long finish, although it's pretty good for 43%, slightly salty, fruity, notes of undergrowth. A whisky from another era, surely helped by the OBE, which just lacks a little punch.