- Single Malt
- Archives (Arc)
- Bottling serie
- The Fishes of Samoa
- Stated Age
- 25 years old
- Refill Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 53.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Jul 2013 4:59 pm
14 × in wishlist
135 × member ratings
99 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenrothes 1988 Arc
31 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.15 points
- Cereals liquorice flowers some herbs, not bad
Very alcoholic, malt, marshmallow, flowers.
Malt flower, spicy anise and liquorice
- Nice clean bourbon cask maturation.
- Interesting Glenrothes, because the refill hogshead the taste is honeier and fruitier.
Floral. Citruses, coconut, melon and milk caramel.
Oily. Citruses, honey, mixed fruit jam and sherry. Spicy oak.
Medium length, spicy, bittersweet.
- Butterscotch with ball bottom and hazelnuts in strength. Some cooked fruits. Pretty beautiful, even if not very complex and evolutive. With water, it gives more towards dark chocolate. Fine and strong attack on milk chocolate and immediate impression of great maturity, it does not reveal much else in the mouth after the fact. More sweet and warm with a little water. Beautiful and long on chocolate. The quintessence of Speyside.
- What a surprising whisky! Very special, and very tasty. Nose is floral / fruity, wax, butter babe and a bit soggy. The taste gives more butter babbler and the basic of the soap (sometimes a bit of perfume) comes through more. Fruit always remains present. In the aftertaste deliciously sweet and progress to a small hint of wood.
- N: lemon, fresh grass, cologne
B: lemon meringue pie
F: lemony, pastry, menthol BT2015