- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Batch 2
- Vatting of Oloroso & Pedro Ximénez Casks
- Number of bottles
- 55.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 02 May 2013 11:54 am
56 × in wishlist
409 × member ratings
1086 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach Cask Strength
57 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.24 points
- Ralfy review 409: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAFkvsOsEEk (89/100).
- Very carressing in the nose with a beautiful evolution. I had the order: red wine, milk chocolate, bourbon (for red fruits), dark chocolate, burnt wood, discreet orange peel, honey. It is chocolate that settles permanently. In the mouth, fluid, spicy, alcohol does not bang too hard. The finish, sweet and persistent at the same time, gives coffee first, and notes of porto then. With a little water, it's Speyside that emerges! The balanced balance between honey and spices! Enthusiasm 4/5
- Vinous, sweet, leathery - a really great sherry malt!
Leathery sherry flavors, sweet, PX-sherry, sweet, red fruits, flour, bread, dough;
Spicy taste, leather, polish, sherry full, sweet and spicy alike, sweet and leathery red fruit, very delicious and simply delicious;
sweet, spicy, slightly earthy notes with water, totally vinous!
Warming with sweet and spicy sherry, vinous, medium to rather long,
- just let it oxidize to get rid of the initial bitterness, after that, as good as the batch 6
elegant oloroso, sweet px, stewed dark fruits, plums, hint of smoke, cream, light grass, bitter light wood, floral, butter
rich stewed fruits, rich sweet sherry with hints of saltiness, cream, butter, spices, cinnamon, cloves and a touch of smoke
long, rich stewed fruits, dried oranges, grass, smoke, virginia tobacco???, bitter red wood, dry stewed fruits at the back followed by elegant sherry, sweet plums with a touch of toffee and butter