80.02/100
Travel Retail
16 Apr 2013 12:58 am
ColoredChillfiltered

Whisky Reviews for Dalmore Valour

26 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.02 points

1. FrankDrebin scored this whisky 64 points Member Senior

One of the wirst whiskies I ever had.
      Color: Fake. Who cares. Nose: Disgusting!
    • Taste
      Forget it.
      Nothing

2. Brinker scored this whisky 77 points Expert Junior

Somewhat dull, easily becomes a little boring.
      Dried fruit, nutty and spirited, despite being watered down at only 40abv.
    • Taste
      Dried fruits, nuts, vanilla.
      Short, dry, bitter.

3. SunnyAnnett scored this whisky 84 points Newbie

4. Daan Tje scored this whisky 85 points Connoisseur

5. Allandale scored this whisky 81 points Connoisseur

I miss something. Stronger?
      Nutty and fruity with all kind of sweetness like Almonds, dried fruit, vanilla, marzipan.
    • Taste
      Easy not much of a body, oranges, raisins,plum and figs,vanilla again. Less body. Hints of burned dark sugar?
      A liittle bit weak: not much power, middle long. Short aftertaste. A pity this one .

6. Maltbehr64 scored this whisky 79 points Expert Senior

Whiskyfun: Dalmore ‘Valour’ (40%, OB, Fortuna Meritas Collection, +/-2016)
    We’ve tried a ‘Valour’ back in early 2013, not too sure it was the
    same. This one was finished in American oak, oloroso, and Port. Not
    successively, I imagine. Colour: deep gold. Nose: a much lighter, and
    rougher version of the 15. Styles aren’t dissimilar, but this feels like
    having lumpfish eggs after caviar. Cardboard, English chocolate, and
    bitter caramel. Mouth: this is better, a little more vibrant and rather
    citrusy – those Dalmore-y oranges again – with a jammy background.
    Guignolet, sweet bread, green tea… Then bitter chocolate and prunes.
    This one is for your breakfast. Finish: medium, rather dry, and rather
    better. Pleasant malty aftertaste, with a Christmassy side. Comments:
    the 15 nearly killed it on the nose, but it was a tie on the palate. SGP:351 - 79 points.

7. jankes scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior

8. kot1803 scored this whisky 81 points Expert Senior

My score this whisky 82 poits

9. sammy01 scored this whisky 83 points Expert Junior

10. HunterRomario scored this whisky 82 points Expert Senior

As part of preparations for the festival masterclass, we received Nethare's post every seven samples of 100 ml each, which we also blindly tasted to be in the same skin as later participants of our guided tasting. We split the samples to thirds. We first tasted the first and wrote notes. In the second round, we made a tasting "videoconference" together with Nethar via Skype.
    We then sent the processed results to Peter by e-mail, and then the identity of all seven samples was declassified. The selection was then reduced to five samples, so we discarded two old whiskys (Old Pulteney Noss Head and Glenlivet The Master Distillers Reserve) and we chose to make a selection from our point of view and we welcomed two whiskys (Glenfarclas 105 and Laphroaig QA cask), around which a bit of contradictory reaction was in the forum, which is suitable for the blind test because it could blindly "filter out" any prejudices. So I put my scraps of tastings down. Everyone was at least 4 times, three times at home, and fourth at masterclass.
      Smell a lot of nuts, it comes to me quite blended, but in a heavier, pleasantly full style. Some sharpness of alcohol, heavily fruity, varnished. (82 b)
    • Taste
      The taste is blended again. The taste is even more noticeable, in the smell it was on the way between blend and single malt. The flavor is blended, but it's older (I'd guess at least a twelve-year mix or something older, like when you get some blends in the auction from the 1970's to the eighties). I like the smell more, but overall, this whisky is fine. In taste the fineness, nuts, wood, some varnish and old wood. In the "old woody" flavor. (81 b)
      My tip is a White Horse, probably an older one, I know that Peter takes them and loves them.