- Distillery Bottling
- Charred Oak Bourbon Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- New Label
- Added on
- 12 Apr 2013 12:29 pm
one in wishlist
31 × member ratings
52 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clontarf 1014 - Classic Blend
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 71.90 points
- This is very light and creamy, almost too light for me.
Some nice pineapple and lemon sherbet notes come in which really lift the profile, otherwise it would be boring without them.
Finish is ok, an aperitif.
- Very good and tasty Irish whiskey selection! It has smooth and pleasant taste with a very good finish.
- nothing special but in the price range ok
Honey ... vanilla ... difficult to find another ..
mild ... slightly sweet..something bitterness
short and mild
- Proportionally it contains 66% grain and 34% malt spirit. Immature rather than youthful, this whiskey doesn't go well to drink neat. Unless, of course, you miss extremities like burning palate, which I'd prefer to avoid. Nah, no good. Not good for me in any event.
Rummy sweetness, spicery, rubber (pencil eraser), soldering/pokerwork smoke, cream, banana skin, white apples. Fresh but rough, heavy gin-like alcohol, juniper berry oil and evergreen resinous smell.
Allspice, paprika, pinch of white pepper, husky grains, nutmeg, butterscotch, liquorice candy, crystallised fruits. Bitter, sharp and ardent, zesty, although rather thin in texture.
Salt, brine, citric-sour, poignant, apple vinegar, cereal, dried banana chips, chark, ashy. More bitterness but thankfully subsiding fast, brown liquid caramel, wood shaving.
Slightly sweet, some malt, citrus, honey.
Very pleasant malt with some strong lemon and grapefruit citrus and honey. The taste is very smooth. The malt vis a vis the citrus creates something of a 'sweet and sour' effect.
Long and consistent flavour throughout the finish.