- Single Malt
- Càrn Mòr (CM)
- Bottling serie
- Strictly Limited Edition
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Apr 2013 7:04 pm
4 × in wishlist
17 × member ratings
26 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dailuaine 1998 CM
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.93 points
- Another Carn Mor bottling that would have been far better at cask strength.
- If this dram has as many vitamins as the fruit it tastes like, I had more than the daily recommended amount in one dram. Not very complex though.
Strawberry, peach, red apple, honey, breakfast cereals
Full-bodied, sweet, a bit on strawberry bubble gum, lots of fruits and honey
You've guessed it: still very fruity
- Result of a blind tasting (held Dec 3rd 2013):
76 participants rated this malt in a blind tasting with average 6,8 points out of 10.
Average score over all ratings 2013 : 6,6 points. So 6,6 points are the median.
- This one could have been a knocker, if not being diluted down to 46%.
- A lot of fruits. Very complex (takes time).
- Mainly pear and apple juice in the nose, complemented by vanilla, raspberry, grass and mint. A bit of honey as well, but not as much as in most Dailuaine IBs.
In the first sip even more bourbon-like mint, which I`m not too fond of. After that more toffee and the same fruits as in the nose, plus a gentle spiciness. These notes remain in the finish, which apart from that is quite dry with chestnuts and white grapes.
- Bourbon& Sherry cask fruitBomb :-)