- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 15 Dec 2012 1:03 pm
4 × in wishlist
42 × member ratings
64 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Inchmurrin 12-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.80 points
- A nice entry-level whisky, as a light aperitif or sweet
light and fine, grassy notes, pleasant / unspectacular
At the beginning an absolute light weight, sweetness, vanilla and then surprisingly chilli
mild and short, with a longer stay in the mouth, the finish is strong and long-lasting warming
- The light aroma and the taste and finish are far apart, no Spitzenmalt but striking
Wax, canned pears, vanilla, overall light and fine
initially reserved, barely sweet, rather spicy and a bit dry, unbalanced
Warming with noticeably oak, but rather short in the mouth
- Very fine notes of some honey, pear and vanilla on the nose ... all very restrained. All the more surprised then the very peppery, strong taste ... with which I would not have expected. The finish is then, but again relatively short. It tastes good to me ...
- A whisky with two sides. The light nose does not prepare you for the quite strong taste.
Light on the nose, without alcoholic pungency, then clear fruity notes of orange. A little later, a little sweetness is added.
After the light nose, the Inchmurrin surprises with an almost sharp start before being softened by the sweetness and the orange notes. That was not to be expected.
The finish is light and quite short.
- by Master of Malts
Creamy sweet cereals and allspice. Hints of toffee apples and pear drops. A little caramel and furniture polish.
Smooth, rich palate entry with barley malt and salt caramel. Dried herbs, candied peels and allspice.
Medium-long finish. Spicy.
- A nice fresh, smooth and juicy whisky, pleasant and easy drinking
- Nose on a combination of citrus fruits, flowers, pear and honeysuckle.
Palate: Lemon, almond paste and pear and a good dose of spices, ginger and liquorice.
nice notes of vanilla in the final