- Blended Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Pure Malt
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label (2012) 竹鶴
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 04 Dec 2012 11:01 pm
17 × in wishlist
194 × member ratings
584 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Taketsuru 12-year-old
27 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.74 points
- Disappointing, weak, too woody-young-malty
Light, oily, rhubarb, young plums, apple, vanilla, sweet malt, peach
Creamy, green apples, malt, many nuts, nutmeg, crispy oak, some smoke, bright fruits, honey
Lots of malt, some wood, rather dry-rough, sweet, medium-long
- This one has the floral notes of Miyagikyo 10yo (WB ID 9252) and the menthol tones of Yoichi 10yo (WB ID 5443) combined. Steven (WB user gooos) says it's diluted too much but I disagree. Blending the Miyagikyo an Yoichi: nose is very similar to the Taketsuru 12yo, but the Taketsuru smells a bit sweeter; still a bit of the Yoichi woodiness. Taste is very much alike, though now I notice that the Taketsuru is very diluted. Tasted on 13/11/2016 in a Japanese line-up (WB ID's 70236, 5443, 9252, 38412, 6016, 71248 and 20342, in that order). Also tasted on a tasting about Masataka Taketsuru (22/05/2016): Color: Deep copper. Aroma: Spicy (cinnamon, cloves), tutti frutti (dried peaches, apricots, some plums as well). On the background a faint hint of smoke. Taste, palate: Creamy, cinnamon, icing sugar, wonderfully balanced tutti frutti, and floral. Finish: Medium; not anything outstanding. Score: 85 (N 21 / T 22 / F 21 / B 21).
Floral; it has a lot of the Miyagikyo 10yo (WB ID 9252) tones, but less sweet. Something waxy.
Nice floral whisky, with some menthol waxiness. Later on some cinnamon and anise spiciness.
Menthol/anise lingering. Some orange zestiness at the end?
- Nothing transcendental in the end, too much penalized by an aqueous mouth.
A very nice nose my faith for a 12 years. Rich, round and melted with pretty scents of exotic fruits in compote (bananas frécinettes, pineapple), sherry (walnuts, plums), precious woods (sandalwood), flowers (pink powder?), Sweet spices (cinnamon , vanilla ). It also appeals to us by its beautiful suave matter endowed with a point of wax varnish.
Oh that's a shame! This dram begins so flat that it largely obscures the pleasure since then everything relative that draws thereafter. And the points of tumbling: hot spice notes (pepper, nutmeg), tropical fruits in marmalade, breakfast cereals, a good spoonful of honey all caramelized flowers, and also a strong influence of the wood.
Rather rather short, fruity and spicy, with a burnt precious wood riff.
- All in all, this is a very nice delicate whiskey that is dangerously drinkable. You do not notice that you have 40% alcohol in your mouth and so it is easy to drink. Because it is such a fresh light dram, I can imagine that it will taste great on a hot summer evening. Light, fresh but complex. You should definitely not add water or ice to this whiskey that can not bear this dram. 喝采!
Soft and light, delicate, light sweet notes, floral, fruity notes of cooked apples, prunes, pineapple, raspberries and peaches. Later the soft sherry tones come through and delicate coffee tones. slight smell of freshly baked cake. A beautiful composition
Light, elegant, fresh and rich taste, sweet oak dried fruit (apples and pears) soft notes of salty caramel, cinnamon, hazelnut and vanilla. Reminds of a classic tarte tatin. He has a soft oily mouthfeel
Beautiful balanced medium sweet and fresh fruity finish with notes of biscuit and rhubarb cake.
- Nose: fat, dusty, esters, pear, black cherry. Mouth: disappointing, weak at 40%, tastes young, unfocused, Much inferior to 17 and 21 year versions.