- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask - Batch 7
- Stated Age
- 22 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 51.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Oct 2012 2:21 pm
10 × in wishlist
81 × member ratings
101 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1989
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.61 points
- Batch 7 contains the following bottles:
1972 cask 710
1989 cask 5475
1991 cask 3183
1992 cask 1123
1994 cask 98
Dry. Dusty. Rum and raisin. Woody.
Dryish. Raisins. Coastal. Oak and menthol.
Rubber. Medium long
- That surprising salmiak note I usually get only from Islay style peated whisky is what carries this to 89.
- Listed #7 22Y but did bought #9 23Y!
- Single dram note. 2013_11:
wet fresh oak, caramel, grassy, malty, faint rum.
- LMDW note:
A very limited cuvée of a distillery more and more appreciated by the amateurs, Glendronach 1989 comes from a single cask, number 5475. Bottled without reduction, to its natural degree, it is marked on the nose by notes hazelnut, raisins and dark chocolate and on the palate notes of chocolate with orange, hazelnut, spices, honey and brown sugar.
- Producer`s NotesAppearance: Deep bronze-gold.
Nose: An orchestra in full flow - hazelnuts, raisins and dark chocolate - in total harmony.
Palate: Fabulous combination of chocolate orange, hazelnuts and spices, followed by an avalanche of honey and Demerara.