- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Batch 3
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Number of bottles
- 53.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 Aug 2012 2:10 pm
54 × in wishlist
385 × member ratings
1014 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore Laimrig
42 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.48 points
- Sherry Bomb! Draping smoke. Mouth powerful, suave, velvety, corpulent, preceded by a moderate peat attack. The final envelope, encloses, carpets the palate of coffee and fat nuts. The addition of water did not bring much, if not a note of milk chocolate. Enthusiasm 4/5
- a serious rival of the Uigeadail
A beautiful medicinal sherry
- But how good is this Bowmore! The peat / sherry wedding is perfectly successful, balanced, complex. The wood is never invasive nor drying.
Sherry smoke, hmmm it smells good! I feel the smoke / navy Bowmore side; and the sherry layer comes perfectly to marry with. Leather, spray, hazelnut, tobacco ... Very strong and very complex.
Badaboum, explosion of exotic spices! Caramelized leather, candied ashes. Smoked peat arrives smoothly to become more and more present and mix with nuts and cooked blacks.
Long that lining the mouth. A lot of salt and pepper in the throat and on the tip of the tongue. Black tea is revealed, cold ashes. And always this power in the mouth.
- A harmonious whisky with dark fruit and dark chocolate
surrounded by sea, salt, iodine and smoke
is very balanced which could be boring
but it is not because he tells us his story
from his camp under the sea level
I have touched the sky
Sherry, fruit, salt, iodine, smoke, actually figs
Fruit, chocolate in throat smoke with the taste of salty sea breeze
medium long, pleasant, not very strong
salty with fruit, harmonious
- Like the darkest, a little sweeter and more intense in the nose, less earthy and less bitter, but with water too. I would not know which one is better.
- This Bowmore has what the Darkest lacked: power. The batch strength is good for him. That's how I imagine a Bowmore.
Immediately heavy, full and round in the nose. Significant sweetness and fruits. The smoke is well integrated. With a little water slightly mineral.
Strong on the tongue. Less sweet and fruity, but smokier than in the nose.
When the first charge of smoke and power is through, the fruit comes forward a little better.
- Incredible Bowmore!
For me, the perfect smoky sherry whisky!
Typical Bowmore smoke with a big cargo
Sherry influences like coffee, dark fruits and some leather.
The successor is already ready ...
Very strong 92/100
- A cheerful and cheerful mole, perhaps a bit rustic, but pleasant and leaves a positive feeling.
Dry, open, processed wood, koh-i-nor pencils, light lacquer notes, mineral and sea tones, lemon, raw grain.
Astringent, oak, pepper-ginger wave, varnish, a little smoke and coal in the background, lemon and orange peel, lollipops.
Saturated, ginger, oak bitterness, compote of sour berries, burnt biscuits, molasses
- I need it!
Thick sweet sherry, light typical Bowmore smoke, no alcohol, meaty raisins, tobacco leaves, coffee
Strong sweetness, noticeable smoke, strawberry juice, orange peel, oak spice, a bit salty, getting drier
Salinity, then oak, then smoke and then remains, thick red fruit accompany the finish