Gold Cock 12-year-old

8595198801192
28 Jun 2012 8:57 am
ColoredChillfiltered

Whisky Reviews for Gold Cock 12-year-old

14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.17 points

1. tangtang scored this whisky 84 points Connoisseur

Definitely a very good PLV for the price quoted
      fruity in the beginning, reminiscent of white wine, a bit sour, pear comes through, later slightly vanilla in the background
    • Taste
      sweet, creamy, sour, has something of condensed milk, becomes very fruity, later some vanilla and white chocolate
      a lot of wood and spice, has something of Christmas spices, berries, some mirabelle plum, then a bit sweet with vanilla

2. Marko_I did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

Solid whisky, interesting because something "different", nothing for the most demanding, but for only 22 € you can put it quite in the price-conscious whisky bar, almost a good "Zechwhisky" and you have an "exotic".
      smells clearly of whisky, but also clearly undiscussed, very open, fresh and fruity (quite a light fruit flavors, but not disturbing), hard pear, white grapes, some acidity (dry white wine), something reminiscent of the Penderyn Madeira, slightly creamy in the background , Vanilla, condensed milk
    • Taste
      sweet, creamy, vanilla, condensed milk, white chocolate ... something fruit, hard to identify, could be mirabelle ... longer in the mouth: latte, coffee, seasoning, wood
      Here the wood beats, spicy, slightly spicy, coffee stays on the tongue for a relatively long time

3. marmeladow scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

Multiple tastings over a period of 6 weeks: bottle 0920 L240117. If it takes time to develop, then a positive surprise for a very affordable price. Later it fades a bit, more like a very well-distilled and stored fruit schnapps or plum brandy.
      oaky and very fruity with vanilla and white tartaric acid. Later a lot of sweetness with vanilla and ripe fruits (pear, plum) and some oak
    • Taste
      creamy-sweet and very tasty. Otherwise like nosing, there is also a discreet oak flavor
      almost medium length, fruit schnapps character increasingly in the foreground.

4. MTomas scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

This whisky surprised me twice. The first time I saw a cap, not a cork, on the Single Malt 12YO. For me, this shelf of 12-year-old malts must have a cork. Second time I tasted it. While the first time I was surprised in minus, the second time was a plus. It is delicate, tasty, the honey-bitter tip does not reject, but even encourages. She can certainly be proposed to the lady (I would compare her to Glen Moray). For 12 YO SM at a price of about PLN 90 ... it's always worth it, it's just a pity that we don't know much about it, and that's why it's unavailable. Its 10-year-old version is waiting in the queue, and in the notebook for purchase, version 20 YO.
      sweet, dried apricots, raisins, a bit of vanilla
    • Taste
      peppery, fruity, sweet, young oak, dried plum
      quite pleasant, warming up, medium long, slightly honey-pepper at the end

5. Ana Chronist scored this whisky 80 points Expert Senior

6. TechnOBY scored this whisky 83 points Expert Senior

fruity, mossy, baked aroma
    • Taste
      Marzipan, orangat, bitter and bitter
      first something sweet, then harsh

7. Andreas W. scored this whisky 83 points Expert Senior

8. Conmai scored this whisky 86 points Expert Senior

9. HunterRomario scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

For the first time, I tasted it at this year's whisky festival, like a welcome welcome, and I had a good time at that time, because I was surprised by the way she greeted me. I've been waiting for the review because I wanted to buy the whole bottle. Now I've tasted it for about the seventh, most recently in the Ballantink test 12yo and Johnnie Walker Red Label that we had with Dad. The results of the comparison were rather leapy, with Gold Cock 12yo, the last of course Red Label, but I want to test Ballantinku with other rivals, and her review sometime later, after another comparative show. Dad tasted GC12 even more, giving 85 points.
    So, Gold Cock, single malt, twelve-year-old, whisky for the beautiful 424, - crowns. I also like the fact that the Vizovits did not stay at the forty percent but gave a more pleasant 43% of the alcohol. What about the money who wanted more? For me a great discovery and surprise, but as I read the opinions of others, so we do not agree very much about her qualities. So at least I would highly recommend it to all beginners, even those who think about buying a whisky and have deeper into their pockets. If they belonged to the group they did not like so much, they did not do so much. Yes, try this, for me it is a much better investment than Balvenie 12 yo Doublewood, which is more than twice more expensive and I would not recommend anyone to anyone, let alone beginners.
    I will add that I have my home version of 21st September 2011, I do not know how much different performance can differ.
      Honey-like malt, with heavy over-ripe fruit, gingerbread, occasionally sheds some winds (mint). (84 b)
    • Taste
      She also did not taste honey, honey, malt, ripe to mature fruit, spicy peppermint, and then a light veil of plum brandy. Pleasantly sweet. (84 b)

10. Georges scored this whisky 68 points Connoisseur

• Taste

Whiskybase was founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.