- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Small Batch
- American Oak
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- L4161CLH 24350810
- Added on
- 26 May 2012 8:53 pm
4 × in wishlist
151 × member ratings
373 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Knob Creek Rye
22 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.12 points
- 20 20 20 20
- Knob Creek Rye 50%. Sample in Hazelmere during a beer tasting, May 2021, thanks to Colin. Number-only review due to the serious business of beer rating. Hard edged, dense and spicy. Slightly empty and hard edged up front but it grew on me a fair bit 3.35/80
- Tasted on 03-11-2021.
- A sample courtesy of karloff.
- Not too sure about this one.
The ABV of 50% saves some flaws of an otherwise rather flat performance.
Sweet vanilla, very sweet.
Also some artificial fruity sweetness to it, almost a "fake" sherry cream note.
A little charred wood in a dry cardboard box that's been closed for a long time.
Not unpleasant, but not very inviting either.
Thick creamy mouthfeel.
Bitter burnt liqorice.
Something artificial about the sweetness on the taste too.
Spicy, ice coffe with a topping of cream that's on the verge of going sour, sprinkled with some cinnamon, and it last quite long.
- This is not a complex whiskey by any stretch. I have tasted a lot better than this and a lot worse. The bourbon version is far superior.
Thick syrup, vanilla and popcorn, Bounty coconut chocolate bar and even the cardboard bit you get with it. Light tobacco and dark pudding with custard.
Plenty of spices on the palate but not as sweet as other Ryes I have had. Black coffee with a little bit of bitterness. The high percentage does make it quite thick and chewy but the more you drink the smoother and lighter it feels.
It has quite a long finish to it with red apple and cinnamon.
- Knob Creek Rye
On the nose: marshmallow, artificial grape flavoring, bourbon corn, and cream soda snow cone flavoring. Pretty interesting!
On the palate: smooth, straightforward, grainy, grassy, clean, rye, with a brewed tea finish.
- My first Rey, very spicy and aromatic with clear hints of a Bourbon - 19.11.2016
Beautiful sweetness, milk chocolate, vanilla, honey, solvents, pungent alcohol, herbs and dry spices in the background, forest floor
Spicy-hot, prickles on the tip of the tongue, voluminous, fills the entire mouth, herbs and spices, oily, creamy, oak