- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sauternes Wood
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 700 ml
- Added on
- 26 Apr 2012 3:06 pm
6 × in wishlist
54 × member ratings
306 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Mackmyra Special 08
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 80.65 points
- 14.07.2018 Whisky Tasting at Whisky-in-Wiesbaden, Schnitzel Queen
- I like the nose by far the best, the Sauternes is noticeable, but can not cover the weaknesses of the basic alcohol. The youth is (too) clearly felt. Notes from an online chat tasting.
First crass citrus, is increasingly back, cursed there is a lot, nothing really tangible, but everything somehow strong and rather unusual. Chemo- or Estherbombe. A lot of acid notes that get out of hand over time. If I take my nose off, I have damp forest and burning leaves in my nose, and that's pretty long.
Slightly sprightly, initially quite dry, Sweet comes late from behind, along with lots of zests.
In the finish he is softer, still relatively dry but reconciliatory. But it does not stay that long.
- Unfortunately, after a great nose, there is a faint taste and finish. Good approach that does not fully convince.
A really successful nose, lots of fresh aromas come together: Bright grapes meet fondant, grass, green apple, honeydew melon and yogurt candies.
Unfortunately, the variety of flavors in the taste is not found again. I taste fruit cake, cinnamon, clove and oak.
The finish is short to medium with white wine and a light acid, to a bit bitter.
- A real sniff whisky. The nose I find incredibly interesting and very appealing. Different, but that does not come from Scotland, I would not guess so. Could have been a fun experiment of a Scottish distillery. Slightly too spritig in the finish.
very sweet with wine gums and / or sweet chewing gum (somehow this reminds me of a fruit chewy candy from my childhood, which were square, with silver paper and the respective fruit on it, after which it should taste); Pets shower bobons; somehow it works artificially but in a totally delicious, interesting way; Over time, this artificial fruit note disappears and it becomes floral and fresh; now come "real" fruits; apples; Lemons and light grapes; now comes the sweet white wine; Malt comes with it
creamy and malty; slightly spicy oak; then again sweet and clear white wine; slight bitterness; slightly sour lemon; bright apples
short; Here you notice the alcohol quite clearly; again this artificial sweetness from the nose; the second sip makes the alcohol less and it gets spicier with a little oak; again bright fruits; getting slightly dry
- Like, rarely (if at all) tastes such a creamy whisky, for 50 ¬ great, 60 or 70 he would not be worth my taste.
Honey, toffee, white chocolate, some white pepper ... with fruity sweetness ... apricot jam?
white chocolate, vanilla, sweetened cones milk, white pepper, a little cinnamon ... light, creamy, buttery sweetness
medium, reminiscent of cream liqueur ... then dry mouthfeel (cinnamon)
- Not bad at all, just a bit too light. But it is friendly and fruity. Adding a drop of water did not make the taste better, I tasted some wet hay.
- Balance: Good, but a bit rough. Improves with a (single) drop of water
Animals (horse), hay, malt
- nice whisky but nothing really special. Wouldnt buy a bottle
oranges and some vanilla, a little oily