- Duncan Taylor (DT)
- Stated Age
- 30 years old
- Sherry Casks
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 103 09/106
- Added on
- 22 Feb 2012 9:31 pm
16 × in wishlist
59 × member ratings
91 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Black Bull 30-year-old DT
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.81 points
- [October, 2005] Together with friends I emptied a bottle that I bought for 76,50 Euro in September, 2009.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 90. My notes state a fantastically rich sherry-driven blend.
- Definitely sherry colored and obviously old. In my opinion, it's very difficult to fake age in both the nose and the palate. I gave this one a solid 91, which is surprising for a blend. As good, if not better, than many older Glen Grants or Strathisla. The 50% ABV is a big plus. Impressive.
- N- Rubbery sherry, thick, intense. Charred, oloroso.
T- Balance, sticky dried fruits, heavy.
F- .....Can't remember...happy ending with this after 7 wee drams from the barrels ....
— at Warehouse No.9, Springbank
Fruity, raisins, figs, bananas, vanilla, chocolate
Creamy, spicy, chocolate
Long, spicy, tobacco, chocolate
- Unbelievable what Duncan Taylor has managed to create for a great blend. Perhaps I'm sad about the price and availability, I'm more grateful that I could have tasted at the Whiskey Festival 2014. For me one of two highlights of the whole festival. Whoever did not, did not believe.
This is a blend ?! Unbelievably rich and full of smell. Raisins, chocolate, powerful sherry, a little velvet leather. Add to it spicy, cinnamon-sweet. Oxygen orgies, no other whiskeys better at this year's festival. (92 b)
Chocolate, raisins, sherry influence, full and warm taste, with skin, cinnamon and marzipan. (88 b)
- This special blend is a marriage of the
finest single malt and single grain whiskies
produced in Scotland. The whiskies were
vatted together in the 1970s very soon
after distillation and matured in sherry
casks for a minimum 30 years resulting
in this deluxe premium rare blend.
- Top notch blend!!
Wauw, is this a blend? What a great nose! I have lots of sherry, raisins, coffee, chocolate, sweet spices, leather and tobacco.
Relatively soft and creamy mouthfeel. Very pleasant. Sherry, cinnamon, chocolate and that lovely oakiness from to casks. Like that.
Long finish with hints of caramel, red fruits and more spices. Some pepper on the tongue.
- Superb blend.
Prune, dark cherry, raisin, milk chocolate, caramel, marzipan, date, stewed fruits, orange, red apple, vanilla, mint (which I normally only taste in whisky from bourbon casks), cinnamon, ash and nutmeg. A very complex nose for a blend.
Dark cherry, prune, raisin, milk chocolate, caramel, orange, nutmeg, pepper, marzipan and salt. There's some resemblance to a vintage port as well.
Raisins, cherry, milk chocolate, hazelnut, vanilla, marzipan and a slight dustiness.