- Blended Malt
- Compass Box (CB)
- Bottling serie
- Malt Scotch Whisky
- American Oak / French Oak
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- L 05 05 10 3 15:44BB
- Added on
- 18 Jun 2011 2:22 am
6 × in wishlist
47 × member ratings
100 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for The Spice Tree The Signature Range CB
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.67 points
- Jim Murray has awarded 95.5 points to the Spice Tree and was 2011 Best Scotch New Brand of the Year.
- I think I need to get a bottle of this because I thought it had some depth to it.
Nice taste anyway
- The Spice Tree The Signature Range CB (CompassBox Anfüllung; Blend)Tasted 2014-03-29 @ Whiskey and More Bremen, Germany.
heavy and metallic40
- Note from www.compassboxwhisky.com
For information, here are the specs of the first two batches of The
Type: Vatted Malt. A blend of single malts from different distilleries.
Tasting Notes: A natural, deep, gold-brown colour and a rich nose
with spices such as clove and nutmeg, and sweet stewed fruits.
Palate is soft, sweet, deep and rich with a malt whisky fruitiness
embellished by rich spice. Very long.
Lead Distilleries: Dailuaine, Teaninich and two other malt whiskies
distilled in the villages of Brora and Longmorn.
Wood: 100% first-fill Bourbon barrels and first-fill, recharred
American oak hogsheads for the primary maturation. A portion of
the whisky went through a secondary maturation on new (virgin)
French Sessile oak, heavily toasted. Our inaugural batch (labelled
as such on the front and back labels) had one toast level. Our
second batch, released April 2006, had several different toast
levels for a slightly more subtle yet complex flavour profile,
but definitely similar to the inaugural batch.
- Nice beginner whisky, one for the shelf to have some variety and something for those who prefer something sweeter and not be left out.
Malty, fresh fruits, apricot, peach, banana, vanilla, honey and spices
creamy, spicy like ginger, cinnamon, clove, more vanilla
More cream brulee and apricots dipped in honey, vanilla with cardamom
- The nose has large amounts of vanilla and honey, the taste is more honey and then the spice comes on, body is spicy and warming with more toffee and clove, finish is nice for cask strength very subtle but nicer than the less strength scotches out there. Price is great and reasonable, presentation is a cool tree looking like box, which is classic Compass Box.
- This reminds me of sharing it with a close friend or someone new to the liquid. I had the privilege of meeting John at a tasting event in San Francisco this year, nice guy. If you get this version, you will also like Great King St. The Spice Tree is very honey and sweet spice forward and very refreshing from the peat, sea water, brine, tar type Scotches. Enjoy and perhaps this one is worthy of a special female friend
- This is full of spice and sugar notes. I love the mix of citrus and smoke. When you buy a Compass Box you get all of the above. Depends on the version. I hear the Oak Cross is split between two cask of different whiskey`s. Love the Flaming Heart the anniversary edition. The second edition i have in my collection is much more smokey and some tar and peat. Look for new stuff coming out from them though.