- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Quarter Cask Finish
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Added on
- 16 Jun 2011 7:01 pm
8 × in wishlist
107 × member ratings
316 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ardmore Traditional Cask
22 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.61 points
- Nice entry level dram. Good to get the palate going for an evening to begin a tasting.
- Aroma: for the young age quite complex, beautiful smoke
Taste: complex with light peat smoke and nice fruit sweetness
Finish: delicate oak, sweet, medium to long
Comment: Price performance favorite
- His character is not ordinary. Very ok at the price
clear smoke accompanied by vanilla sweetness, after the smoke come unripe fruits, simple, young yet quite balanced
fresh smoke with fruity sweetness, pear, sour apple
beautiful interplay of smoky notes with the oak aroma, in the mouth remains leather and delicate bitterness
- Mainly vanilla and wonderfully delicious Ardmore smoke, unruffled and delicious without intrusive youth
immediately vanilla, a little orange and very subtle smoke, sweet, all very mild, butter, milk chocolate
first sweetness, then smoke and getting stronger, warming, oily and buttery
with smoke and vanilla, medium length, little oak, some leather and floral towards the end
- PLV unbeatable, plus a fancy bottle, still a little teen but surprisingly good
Vanilla, then peat smoke, young, unripe pears, later milk chocolate
strong onset, spicy then smoke again, with water silky and sweeter
rather short but stormy, in the back some oak
- Nose: Leather and earthy peat. Then more leather. Some iodine. Man…can’t get over the ‘saddle-like’ leather notes. Very ‘dry’ smelling, if that makes any sort of sense. Light raw tobacco. There are some fruit notes, to be sure, but rather generic and typical of what you’d find in one of the ‘Glen’ distilleries. Nothing unique. There’s a vague hint of salmon with lemon and capers. Some caramel. And…a bit of a floral note. Not tooooo far off a Springbank, really. Think this would age well, but as it stands…middling at best.
Palate: That salmon note carries here. Wish it hadn’t, to be honest. Some earthy peat notes and leather too. Smoke and tannic fruits. Disappointing.
- Very good whisky; crafty, 46% abv (water is a must) non chill filtered.
Not for the beginner. Will surprise everyone.
No water: light smoke. Butter. Honey sweet. Bitter spices.
With water: much more sweet, of flowery heather. Light smoke in the background.
Smoke arrival. Stays in the development, just above the tongue. Barbecue smells.
Long, dry finish.