- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Flora & Fauna
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 16 Feb 2011 12:57 am
8 × in wishlist
55 × member ratings
129 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Teaninich 10-year-old
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.57 points
- I think it tastes cheap - even for 30 ¬ I find better standards - the style is not me - the aromas have an artificial effect - I do not need more than a Dram.
earthy, forest floor, lemon, lemon drop, cardboard box, dusty oak, artificial acidity - like Maoam
Lemon cream, mint, vanilla, lemon oil, beautiful texture, alcohol quite well involved
fresh, sparkling, fruity, just medium - comical perfume-like oak tones that I do not like
- I like Teaninich, an underrated distillery for sure.
My last dram at the Craigellachie Hotel,Quaiche bar, boo hoo, hopefully I will return.
- Serge Valentin@whiskyfun.com http://www.whiskyfun.com/2017/The-Little-sessions-two-Teaninich.html
Refreshful, flora proves out right away. Verdure, fresh greenery, citrus (lime fruit, tangerines?), crisp lettuce, peppermint, timber/pine tree?, husky barley, mown grass/hay, herbs. Bracing needle-leaved forest air.
Chocolaty (dark chocolate) start, mocha/cocoa, slight burnt caramel smack, far-off bourbon barrel echoes, lightly-toasted oak, cinnamon, toffeeish pastry (éclairs, fancy cakes). Not that big or full, but rounded, and it's got a little thickness among other things.
Temperate creaminess on the front line, with saltiness along the edges, small briny splashes. A wee bit woody underneath, a smidge of char, caramelised-, charred oak staves, sugarcaney, buckwheat honey tailing off.
- compared with Teaninich 1996 GM, Teaninich 1983 GM and Teaninich 1973 Rare Malts
citrus, honey, malty, a bit sharp, hay, bitter chocolate and fudge
vanilla, very malty, sugared barley, nuts and even some raisins
medium drying with caramel
- N: grass, apples, tea, citrus - lemon, butter and some fudge
T: malty, spices, some pepper, even some raisins, yellow fruits and later bitter
F: medium drying with citrus a bit young and bitter