- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Flora & Fauna
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 03 Aug 2007 9:11 pm
39 × in wishlist
332 × member ratings
904 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Linkwood 12-year-old
51 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.42 points
- On the whole a drinkable whisky, without memory, but certainly not bad. This dram does poorly in the PLV. It loses significantly from the nose to the finish.
a little lemon, a hint of vanilla and that's about it, he needs the 15 minutes in the glass
lemons again, a little caramelized sweetness comes through in the second moment
the impression of the palate remains short and sweet, that's all there is
- L-code: L7116CS000 add bot was too lazy ...
Aromatics: let stand for 15 minutes. Citrus peels, vanilla and sweet garbage on cakes on top, flowers and juicy apples and pears
Taste: waxed, fruit, apple juice and lemon, watery and alcoholic ...
Finish: medium, pleasant with a bitterness from lemon peels
It’s good to start with this - a light taste without pressure ...
- A fine whisky, but a bit dime-a-dozen. I believe the word is inoffensive?
Pretty straightforward citrus and vanilla notes, followed by dry apple cider and marzipan. Finally a touch of damp rocks.
Sweet with a honey and vanilla influence and some stone fruits, but the dry and crisp apple cider is still here as well. Soft and subtle spiciness, mainly ginger and white pepper.
Dry, somewhat spicy. Finally soft orchard fruits.
- quite simple and direct, quite tasty, but he doesn't deserve the ~ 55 € he is now asking for, he plays in the 35 € league
fresh citrus, white pepper, old, gray wood
Lemon, malt, custard
medium length, malt candies
vanilla with a hint of citrus
kind and gentle.
clear and fresh. woody and slightly tingling on the tongue
- Fine, light whisky with a good price-performance ratio
Pleasant, very light smoke, sweet barley, slightly lemon and floral
Nice and dry. Clearly malty, again slightly zircon and floral, and a bit of raisins.
The raisins remain on the slightly sweet finish and there is a very light hint of marshmallow.
- nose: vanilla, macaroons
taste: tingling, neutral
finish: short, sour
- Tasted during an event, a good dram but, in my opinion, the nose give expectations that are not found in the mouth and the final is very short.