- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- Virgin Oak Hogshead Finish
- Number of bottles
- 58.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Cask in a Van 2010, 2nd Edition
- Added on
- 13 Oct 2010 3:55 pm
5 × in wishlist
25 × member ratings
41 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 2002
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.96 points
- This release came without a tube or box and has a red seal
- Rich nose of cedar, oak, cognac, turpentine, plum, dust, almond cake, date. Mouth powerful and astringent, well wooded (new barrel), caramel. Long final. Good.
- Malty and fruity aroma, lime, heather honey, cinnamon, ripe pear, red apples, nail polish and vanilla. Marzipan sweet taste, horseradish, mint, malt, banana, cinnamon and vanilla. Medium long, malty and spicy end.
Honey on spirit, almonds roasted in caramel, a lot fruit sweetness, chocolate cake with alcohol filling, a lot of toffee, red orange zest, cherry in dark chocolate, sweet tangerines, some resin and pine.
It starts with sweetness, honey, toffee, brown sugar, but that taste gradually goes to spices, white pepper, herbs, some dryness, sourness, cherry in dark chocolate, prunes and notes of white semi-dry wine. Tastes as port finish.
Medium long, dry, sour with notes of white pepper, fermenting grapes and hints of white semi-dry wine.