- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers (MSWD)
- Bottling serie
- Càrn Mòr Celebration of the Cask
- Stated Age
- 26 years old
- Bourbon Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 52.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 13 Oct 2020 8:48 am by stephend05
60 × in wishlist
27 × member ratings
51 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1993 MSWD
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.44 points
- On the nose at first there’s sweet rubber and salts, then incredible orchard fruit syrup, sweet herbs, and some subtle earthy smoke. So viscous on the palate, one of those whiskies where the palate manages to exceed the expectations of the (already great) nose. Concentrated apple syrup, salt and pepper caramel, a hint of coastal smoke, and a huge finish that keeps evolving for an age.
- Beautiful Clynelish! A bit less amazing as the 26yo Hidden Spirits Clynelish (less round and more 'alcoholic'), but not much behind. Wonderful notes of pineapple, rosemary and wax.
- Nose: Varnish, candy, very cool sweetness
Taste: The taste is very complex. Beautiful multi-layered sweetness. Apricots, dried fruit, honey. Chocolate is quite creamy. This is really good!
Rating: 92 | 100 medium long finish with a profile of pleasant sweetness. Very good Clynelish.
- Very complex, fruity, minty, herbal, dusty, coastal.
Long and fresh finish, stunning stuff!!
- sample from GB. very quick note for now, one to come back to. an easy 8/10, amazingly recalls to mind a bit the clynelish 12 giaccone.
time and a little water. very fresh. salted honeydew, one gummy bear, creamy, lightly oak-herbal, paraffin. lovely.
again it's fresh and clean up front, long development at first light fruitness (honeydew, dried pineapple), then it moves mineral (limestone) and lemony, "aged lemons" that is, balancing nobility and freshness. subtle east coast peat builds throughout, almost a little farmy, hessian, superb oily mouthfeel.