- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 2018 Third Limited Release 167 ppm
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 56.8 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Bottle code
- L162912 18/424
- Added on
- 04 Oct 2020 11:08 pm
17 × in wishlist
32 × member ratings
106 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Octomore 10-year-old διάλογος
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.55 points
- By far the best smoky whisky I've ever tasted.
- If you like peat forward, drink it right after pouring, but if you like rich and fascinating complexity, let it sit at least 12 minutes.
At first, the nose is port, cognac, and peat forward.
After letting it sit, the cognac cask leads, followed with the dark port cask notes (leather, unsweetened dark berries, blueberry skins) and earthy peat (barley, hay, and grass), burnt campfire marshmallows, tobacco, chocolate, vanilla cream, pear, buttered toast, fresh river water, and clean smoke.
But, what stands out the most is the roller-coaster mouth experience which oscillates between mouthwatering and drying, and the varied, tasty, long finish. This is a fresh, fascinating, and challenging whisky. It's a special experience that is everything I could want out of a whisky and a steal at its MSRP. If I could only drink one whisky, this would be it.
- By far my favorite Octomore (I've had the 7.1, 10.1, 10.3, 11.1, 11.3, and this 10 year) You can really pick out the effect the cognac cask.
- During an Octomore vertical tasting I came across this dram here.
Caramel, smoke, coffee, sweet, berries
Dried fruits, smoke, sweet, milk chocolate, clove
long, smoke, very sweet, chocolate,