- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 1st Edition
- Port Wood Finish
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 750 ml
- Two Part, Port Cask Extra Matured
- Added on
- 14 May 2010 8:56 pm
4 × in wishlist
40 × member ratings
90 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.17 points
- A nice experiment of Glenmorangie
- Aroma: Dark mint chocolate, tangerines and Seville oranges
mingle with sandalwood and walnut before giving way to a spicy finish of pepper
Taste: Mint chocolate and walnuts envelop the palate like
velvet, laying the foundations for rose, Turkish delight and sweet Seville
Finish: Long lasting silky aftertaste leaving dark chocolate
mints and traces of orange.
Colour: Sunlit rose gold
- I don't mind a dram of this any day. It's mature for its age, and very enjoyable on the palate. If you like sweet whisky with a slight kick, this is for you. Go and buy. You won't regret it.
Spices. A dry sweetness which is obviously the port influence. Also a chunk of oak in there.
Dry sweetness and a teaspoon of mixed spices. There's cinnamon and a pinch of pepper. The port becomes obvious further down the sip, as the sweetness takes over.
Medium. Oaky sweetness together with lingering spice and barley sugar. A bit of chocolate if you try for it. A bit thick too, oily. It tends to stay.
- quite a surprising Glenmorangie for me. Like it very much !
oak and citrus. Buttery and a hint of seaweed. Raisins, a bit of chocolate and some port.
slightly peppery and spicy. Delicious sweetness of port and tropical fruits like papaya and mango. Also madarins and after-eight.
very sweet in combination with a pleasant little pepper and longlasting
- This is a 12 yr you could easily go through over and over, love the port influence and ABV is just right.
fig, brown sugar, lush, sweet Kind of like the Nector D or
Sugar, dried fruit, intense, port, Steamed fruits, blueberry
nice, sweet, more sugar, decent finish and for a 12 yr very nice!
- This is a beginners scotch. It is a nice release from Glenmorangie, love the ABV is right on and the price is great.
- I love this version, it is a 12 yr and full of flavor. It is priced right and is great on the port, subtle of mocha and spice on the finish. Drinkable on any occasion