- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 1st Fill Bourbon & Pedro Ximénez Sherry Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 17 Mar 2020 10:35 pm by keba9591
7 × in wishlist
49 × member ratings
104 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Scotia Double Cask
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 81.96 points
- Youtube Blind Tasting Review: https://youtu.be/yWfgeQ7oAS0
- Excellent whisky at its price range. With surprising nose and spicy, yet mild taste. Score has been given, considering low price of this whisky. Without it it would be around 4 points lower.
Constantly changing. Sweet, with a bit of vanila and cinnamon. Sometimes i feel raisins, sometimes a bit of peat, and sometimes a christmas cake. If you take Deep dive with your nose, it will become more fresh and a bit fruity. Multi dimensional nose experience
Slightly peaty and fruity. With a hint of vanila and chocolate. And very very spicy, at least at first sip. Also malty with a bit of iodine maybe, but a bit thin comparing to nose.
A bit short with vanila and a hint of smoke. Exact reminiscent of the taste. Pity its so short.
- 20 21 21 21 83
- An excellent whisky from the PLV, and one of the few that convince me more of the taste than the nose.
- Nice whisky, but much too sweet for me personally. Almost a little artificial and uncomfortable.
Edit: A little better today, not quite so pushy. Well-intentioned 81 points, as I actually like the distillery.
Vanilla, sweet roasted nuts, quite intrusive sweetness, a hint of red fruit.
Very sweet, again a hint of red fruits, vanilla, toffee, sweet nutty notes. A little flat.
Very slightly spicy in the background, a little musty.
Quite flat, sweet, delicately spicy, accompanied by light reddish fruit notes. Slight bitterness.
- A very strange aroma that takes some getting used to. But it makes up for it in taste!
artificial, salty, maritime, removes light smoke, musty
sweet, vanilla, malty
quite short and dry with an interesting oak note
- N21 P21 F21 B21
vanilla, dried fruit
caramelly sweet with bitterness
spicy, warm, black pepper, long enough