- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Elixir Distillers (ElD)
- Bottling serie
- The Single Malts of Scotland
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 57.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 19-6450 319
- Added on
- 05 Feb 2020 7:38 pm by IsleofArrik
49 × in wishlist
115 × member ratings
185 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 2005 ElD
30 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.32 points
- Aroma is deeply layered with sweet and earthy notes that scream what it is: sherried Ledaig; Palate is shockingly complex with flavors that run across the map from earthy to sweet to savory and salty; Finish is lovely and I want the smoked cocoa aspect to never end. I’m a big fan of this whisky.
- Cool, dense, intense Ledaig. Very tasty 22-23-22.5-22.5
- Highly complex, intense, and tasty above all. It has almost everything that I look for in a smoky malt of a comparable age.
I'm tempted to give it 91, but let's settle at 90 for now. Might adjust after a few more sessions with it.
Barbecue pit, wasabi soy sauce, earthy peat, wet soil after rain, slightly rubbery
Teriyaki sauce, charcoal barbecue, charred berries, tobacco, dark chocolate, fresh coffee grounds, oily texture
Torched cocoa, tobacco, earthy peat, savoury, burnt ash, long
- N20 P20 F20 B20
- Ledaig in sherry is a win-win situation. Versatile, balanced, perfectly saturated. Bravo!
Smoke, ash / ash, foil-baked potatoes (not salted), peat, rugged farm notes, rubber sole of cheap sneakers, traditional meat with BBQ sauce, oak and honey, cranberries in powdered sugar, earth after rain, fried potatoes and Pickled cucumbers.
Sweet, candied ash, juicy fruit, sweet berries.
Long, fruit, meat and BBQ sauce, ash, berry.
- 20 19 19 19 77
a barrel slightly washed with sherry, the acidity goes off scale, we have a shmurdyak talking about this, excuse my language ... I haven't drunk such a bad Ledaig for a long time ... horror (((
- Nose 21, taste 22, finish 22, balance 21