- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Elixir Distillers (ElD)
- Bottling serie
- The Single Malts of Scotland - Reserve Casks
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 48.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Parcel No.1
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 20 Oct 2019 7:06 pm by DramTimeNL
8 × in wishlist
88 × member ratings
104 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for An Orkney Distillery 2006 ElD
25 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.72 points
- A butt naked Highland Park. Indeed, this is all about the distillate and very refreshing whisky between all the first fill violence. It’s straightforward in on vanilla, minerals, wet stones, coastal aromas and a nice layer of gentle peat. Not overly complex but very solid at what it promises and delivers.
- Highland Park - re-racked prior to vatting.
In the words of PC Plod - nothing to taste here - move on.
Salty, iodine notes.
Nothing jumps out - diluted.
- I liked it but wouldn't buy a bottle of it. There's not much to discover but a bit of sweetness, sea salt and maritime notes combined with fruity notes. Doesn't stay very long and fades to nothing. A nice dram to drink after an eventfull day just to enjoy without thinking too much about it.
- Perfect value for money if you like the mineral side of Highland Park. This is all about spirit and no cask influence, Serge would love it ;)
mineral, fresh fruit and some salty breeze
oaky note sweet and matel
medium length, dry and pretty good
- Balance (20)
Marni 12 years (81)
Sweet vanilla, pechevoz with sea water, cleric and some herbs. (20)
Salty, pepper and apple charlotte with cleric (21)
Finish malt, vanilla, salt dough and grass (20)
- Floral, fruits, salt, grass, peaty smoke (comes with taste) with soft citric zest and caramel cut.