- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Distillers Edition
- Double Matured in Oloroso Seco Cask Wood
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Cl-Br: 169-1f
- Added on
- 11 Jul 2007 10:32 pm
14 × in wishlist
77 × member ratings
192 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1991
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.91 points
- Initital tasting was lower but after 2 months in opened bottle it revealed much more of it's true complexity. A wonderful little gem this one.
- The nose does not betray much about the taste.
The taste is a true explosion with predominant taste elements.
The finish is powerful and smoky and lasts longer.
Fruity, citrus, chocolate,
Sherry, honey, lemon, chocolate, sulfur, earth, caramel, smoky with wood.
Earth, sulfur, chocolate, caramel, smoke, honey and wood.
- Aroma: Sherry, Lemon, Honey, Oak, Floral
Taste: Sherry, lemon, spices, oak, malt, salt, light smoke in the background
Finish: medium long, sweet, malt, sherry, lemons, oak
- Single Dram
sherry, citronat/succade, wet oak, salty, sandy, musty, barley & dusting sugar, faint tobacco as well as some smoke. (86)
sherry, rancio upfront, then immediately very sweet, sherry, malt, dried fruits, caramel, (85)
turning even sweeter, nice barley sugar & citrus note with sherry, very faint austere notes at the end of wood, spices & tobacco. (87)
- A nice whisky with summer flavors. Not much to complain about really.
Very fresh and a little fruity nose. Oak and some flowery notes.
Very smooth. Fruity and lots of oak, nuts and bark. Vanilla.
Medium long finish, not much flavors though.