- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- IRISH WHISKEY TRIPLE DISTILLED
- Added on
- 31 Jan 2010 2:14 pm
one in wishlist
214 × member ratings
534 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bushmills Original
37 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 72.40 points
- I do not share the enthusiasm from this distillery. Empty whiskey, boring, although not bad quality. But for my money it’s very expensive.
- - classic Irish pub whiskey
- only to be enjoyed with beer
- clear typical touch of a "cheaper" blend
- gives significantly better "simple" Irish blend whiskeys
- smells strongly of alcohol,
- typically young sprittig unpleasant "gray smell"
- but also the sweet Irish touch in the background
slight burning sensation on the palate and on the lips, watery character, somewhat sweet, unfortunately also tastes like a "cheap whiskey"
short finish with metallic aftertaste
- Simple product with a solid taste.
In a blind tasting rated by some quite high ;-)
- Ok for playing cards. Nothing to enjoy.
Something bright fruit. Slightly sprightly. Lots of malt, caramel, vanilla, pear and some honey.
Sweet-fruity, then malt and cereals, then sprightly Grain notes.
Short finish. Some malt, cereals.
- Simple Irish blend with tin screw cap, cheap and suitable for mixing!
sweet and distinctly alcoholic (sprittig);
sweet, citrus fruits, noticeable alcohol notes (sprittig), youth, high percentage of grain (bitterness);
short sweet-sprit finish;
- It's an average budget irish whiskey. Not very complex but not too shabby for drinking with friends or just to relax