- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Distillers Edition
- Double Matured in Amoroso Sherry Casks
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 200 ml 700 ml
- Bottle code
- TD-S: 5IU
- Added on
- 08 Jan 2008 12:43 pm
17 × in wishlist
132 × member ratings
267 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 1993
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.63 points
- The nose is not very intense, but the aroma is more than appetizing and has some complexity. In the mouth, the combination between the characteristic chili and the sweetness of the sherry is a match made in heaven and makes the whisky extremely tasty. Diageo's most successful experiment with which we have crossed paths so far. And undoubtedly the best easily accessible Talisker on the market.
- Nice, fresh, with pretty complexity.
- An excellent daily-dram candidate for winter and for rainy days ...
- it is just my HalloWachTaliskmann
like a sea breeze he goes through the body ..
Sea .... the glass in your hand and you are standing on the cliff
the sea on the tongue ... salt, iodine, sea, with meadow herbs and yellow cherries
long intense and refreshing coolness
the typical sharp Talisker finish
- The soft-smoky scent of Talisker whisky leads to a deep, sweet, full-malty taste with a rapidly increasing fullness. Characteristic is the initially sweet and then peppery note on the palate. At the end a big, long lasting, warm finish.
- Seems the Talisker 1993 DE is the exact opposite of the Auchentoshan 1984 SV which, for me, needs to be tasted before any other whisky. This Talisker for me to be fully enjoyed, needs another (not too cask strength-y) whisky beforehand... as a first whisky, I find it a bit too salty & slightly unbalanced (around 80 pts), whereas after another whisky, and it doesn't seem to matter if sweet or salty/peaty comes before, this Talisker shines and suddenly sherry, salt & wood are in balance and it's somewhere around 85-89... yum & interesting I thought.
- very good whisky for evenning and nigths
oak, sherry, toasted
complex, strong and long, toasted, spicy
powefull like pepper