- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Bottling Batch No.: 2905
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Batch 2905
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L17 163ZA803 2119
- Added on
- 11 Dec 2017 2:00 pm by Skars
2 × in wishlist
62 × member ratings
164 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Aberfeldy 12-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.66 points
- At the beginning there is a slightly smoky scent that is somewhat reminiscent of incense. This is followed by traces of pineapple, grain and toast.
- Overall very very disappointing whisky. Comparable to a generic supermarket blend.
Barley malt, solvent, freshly cut grass.
Hmm. Not that much going on. Sherry Cask? Quite peppery and spicy.
Hmm. Just tastes like cheap, generic whisky at the end.. Very disappointing for at whisky at this price point.
- A pleasantly rippling stream over mosy stones - a nice entry-level whisky with a good price / performance ratio.
Heather, honey, vanilla, a little caramel, quite interesting.
More vanilla and caramel, creamy toffee, some oak in the background, only a few fruity notes, gentle entry and then becoming peppery.
Taste with a little more oak notes in the medium-long finish.
Frutty, floral, vanilla
frutty, dry, slightly bitter
- A good value, everyday whisky
Light smoke with a predominantly floral nose
Easy drinking, not a lot of body/substance but pleasant nonetheless. Somewhat reminiscent of champagne.
Dry finish with some biscuity/raisin notes. No extended complexity to speak of.
- A nice malt whisky with a sweet character and you can taste vanilla and herbs.