- Single Malt
- James MacArthur (JM)
- Bottling serie
- Old Master's - Cask Strength Selection
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- Sherry Wood
- 54.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 21 Sep 2009 5:35 pm
6 × in wishlist
34 × member ratings
21 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Elgin 1991 JM
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.44 points
- I think one of the tastiest whiskys I have ever had.
I had a sample of this but oh, how good he is!
- It's a great example of integrating all flavors to round whole. Nice whisky, severely for advanced!
Sherry, malt, fruits, honey, milk caramel, vanilla, raisin, fig and spicy oak.
Complex, spicy. Horseradish and chili. Dirty sherry and malt. Cocoa, latte and orange liqueur. Mixed fruit jam. Tannic oak.
Long, warm, spicy.
- The first Glen Elgin I drink and I think it's a very entertaining whisky. It is a white-war of aromas from heavy oak to slightly sour fruit and everything in between. I had to get used to this but as he is longer in the glass and you start to get used to it, this is a very charming and entertaining whisky.
A friendly, soft, rich, fruity and sweet whisky with notes of figs, dates, blueberries, raspberry, sherry, heather honey, light sulfur, hay, butterscotch, butter, beeswax, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, sweet white dessert wine ( perhaps a Vin Jeune from the Jura), mocha, vanilla, hint to black tea, lemon peel, raisins, walnuts, a hint of smoke and some wet moss.
A spicy, spicy, full and intense whisky with notes of nutmeg, allspice, pepper, chili, clove, slightly sour (lemon juice?), Soft chocolate, wine, roasted nuts, soft coffee, hint to dried fruit, soft bitter tannin, oak , orange jam, rum, floral notes, vanilla and bitter grapefruit peel.
A long, slightly drying and spicy aftertaste with notes of pepper, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, spicy oak, bitter tannin, dried herbs, tea and brown sugar.
- completely different….but nice different.
rich fruity and sherry sweet. with a hint of vanilla,malt and peat
smooth,malty, sweet and rich,choco bitterly, dry fruit?
long and bit of peppery, with a hint of flowers?