73.67/100
10 Nov 2017 3:30 pm by holborndrinker
Non-chillfiltered

one in wishlist

Whisky Reviews for Adnams Rye Malt

4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 73.67 points

1. lincolnimp scored this whisky 22 points Connoisseur

Make no mistake this is disgusting stuff and Adnams should hang their heads in shame for selling something so poor.

Awful, one of the worst spirits I have ever tried.

2. lincolnimp scored this whisky 22 points Connoisseur

I understand my score is very low in fact it is my lowest score on WB but would a 32 score or 42 really be much different apart from the average?
    Perhaps I was being a little harsh but I almost had to spit this out (if there had been a bucket I would have) and from a person who is used to his share of bad and non descript blends by the dozen , sort of put it in perspective for me.
    I totally agree with Blindbob, I do not like rubbishing a whisky and try to find the good in any whisky, with this there was nothing positive to say or some of the other Adnams offerings
    I also agree they need to re think their strategy as this is nothing more than a gimmick, my advice on the strength of the 4 whiskies I tried, in my view they should stick to gin.

3. Blindbob scored this whisky 75 points Expert Junior

I don't like rubbishing a whisky, but..... I think Adnans need to get someone involved who knows more about whisky because this tastes like new make spirit,

4. kaju scored this whisky 69 points Member Senior

A very pleasant surprise for only 5 years in the barrel.
    No unpleasant alcoholic pungency / burning, a lot of flavors in the grain direction, go something sweet little malt, some wood.
    Pleasant, certainly also suitable for beginners in the subject of RyeWhisky.