- Single Malt
- Murray McDavid (MM)
- Bottling serie
- Benchmark - Limited Release
- Summer 2017
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Sherry Butt + 1st Fill Port Pipe Finish
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 19 Oct 2017 12:29 pm by RoyC
6 × in wishlist
15 × member ratings
27 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 2001 MM
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.77 points
- A bit oaky for me, nonetheless a good fruity dram.
Creamy, active oak, some tropical fruits, mango, exotic, a fresh and fruity nose!
Mango, exotic fruits, pears and apples, banana and pineapples, citrus fruits such as blood oranges, some red fruits as well, maybe from sherry influence?
Medium, very dry.
- 22.04.2018 Whisky Fair Limburg tried
After maturing in a sherry butt it leaped into a 1st fill port pipe, so brace yourselves. Tasted blind.
C: With a strange sherry fungal oakiness, it appears a little fragile, beefed up by a fruity ashy finish. Interesting juice though, very possibly a Marmite dram.Scores a B-
- Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of MaltNose: Mince pie filling, brown sugar, a prickle of spicy oak followed by buttery popcorn.Palate: Cinnamon, clove, a whiff of sea air followed by big bursts of cherry, blackberry and plum.Finish: A hint of pineapple and strawberry.