- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- H. Cumming
- Added on
- 11 Oct 2017 10:28 am by Ras Mazunga
8 × in wishlist
91 × member ratings
414 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cardhu 12-year-old
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 76.18 points
- Sweet, citrusy, and floral. The nose becomes almost citrus laundry detergent at times, but in a good way. The taste is sweet at first, but becomes spicier and more bitter and herbal toward the finish. The palate rushes into the finish quickly. Not amazing, but not bad either.
Nag champa and mixed raw dried grains, nutmeg and clove, cinnamon coated baked apples, mixed fresh fruits, malt and citrus peels, vanilla wafers and light oak, and lemon cordial with a floral note riding on the final alcohol burn.
Fresh fruits (apples, pears, and tangerines) and gentle dried fruits (dates, papaya, pineapple), malt and a touch of molasses, fresh ginger and floral honey, sweet osmanthus, and oak tannins
Baking spices, Cafe macchiato, light oak and barrel char with a lingering bitter-sweet floral maltiness.
- To be repeated.
A nice whisky that cardhu!
- A very fruity whisky with a tasty sweet touch.
I'm a fan of fruity & sweet whiskys, so this is definitely a keeper!
- A light and fresh whisky. Appetizer.
Fresh, green, light
Fruity, light sweet, vanilla, blackcurrant
a hind of blackcurrant, light dry, short finish
- Not a bad start, but the finish is dirty dry.
Floral. Fruits, mainly apple and pear. Honey and citruses.
Sweet fruits, nut, oak, ginger and nutmeg.
Medium lenght, dry, spicy.
Sweet and appley
Smooth, sweet, very little hint of peat.
Clingy, I get some wood and fresh notes.