Whiskybase uses tracking cookies in order to improve the website. Do you allow Whiskybase to place these cookies?

You can always change your decision under the privacy settings of your account.

Regardless of your choice Whiskybase places functional cookies to store settings and account information.

Overall rating 34 votes 86.13

Tourbe
New make
Poire
Shortbread

Taste

Fumée
Acidulée

Finish

Longue sur le feu de bois
Légère amertume

Comments

Pas mal même si j'en attendais plus!

Signature Picture
corbuso
Expert Senior corbuso Note
06 Dec 2010 2:28 pm
corbuso gave this whisky 54 points

Very young, peaty, immature and rough. From a non-active cask.
I could barely drink it. Not a whisky for me.

I_SPEY
Expert Senior I_SPEY Tasting note
19 Dec 2009 4:07 pm
I_SPEY gave this whisky 84 points
Nose

Smoky medicinal, leathery, peaty(of course!)and woody.

Taste

PEAT and smoke. And I can realy taste the 57.1%, but after some drops of water, it's becoming nice, even very adorable! Lots of smoke and peat and sweet(bourbon)wood as well.

Long and lingering.

Comments

A rather complex, interesting whisky (liquidly and euroly).

"One cannot hurry the little grey cells, Captain." Hercule Poirot My Collection
peathead
Expert Senior peathead Tasting note
02 Dec 2009 8:08 pm
peathead gave this whisky 88 points
Nose

Neat: Immediately I get smoky notes underneath the high alcohol percentage. I pick up a scent of BBQ. It’s all in all very maritime. And although this whisky is a cask strength at 57.1 % vol. it doesn’t burn off my nostrils like some others. With water: Much better now. It opens up a lot more. The maritime characteristics are on the surface now. I pick up more peat and smoke than before. The BBQ smell is more pronounced. Nice.

Taste

Neat: More on peat and smoke but it’s very hot on my tongue. There is one thing I don’t find. Sweet sherry influences from the cask (otherwise it wouldn’t be a bourbon hogshead now, would it). I don’t mind. It’s a bit more ‘in your face’ than most Laphroaig’s. It’s not an oily whisky either although it is kind of silky but it really needs some water. With water: Hmmm. The bourbon barrell does it job like it’s supposed to. A lot of smoke, peat, scorched wood and no sweetish sherry notes. It’s a very nice change. It’s a bit more ‘rough’ than usual, but I like it.

Finish

Very long and lingering with a faint touch of smoke. After a few minutes I still feel the salty flavours on my lips.

Comments

I’ve had (IB’s) Laphroaig’s that cost me a lot more and they were far from being as good as this one. This certainly is a welcome addition to my collection!

joho
Specialist joho Note
29 Nov 2009 6:45 pm

I tasted this whisky. It is a real Laphroaig, mecinal and smokey, but what i like about it ,is its comlexity, specialy for a reasonable young whisky.

Joho