- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- 46.3 % Vol.
- 50 ml
- Bottle code
- P039971 17047 6 07:22 BB
- Added on
- 08 Aug 2017 6:47 pm by KonstUA
0 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
71 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 12-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.80 points
- More sympathetic paints with rough edges. Would put him blind in the highlands. Do not smoke, even though I'm quite sensitive to it. The alcohol on the palate bothers me a bit.
Oranges, vanilla, sherry and a nice salty / maritime touch. A little mint, the alcohol stings a bit. Will be pleasant with a few drops of water and a little time.
Slightly nutty sherry wrestles with a musty saltiness. Pretty impetuous and sharp. Rather dry.
Caramel, vanilla and cereals. Goodbye with dry oak and nutty sherry. medium
- The Bunnahabhain 12 years - for me is the epitome of the typical maritime malts: powerful, salty, very slightly smoky and undoubtedly good!
[Color] full gold;
red fruits, sherry, nuts, malty sweetness, salt, oak, trace smoke;
powerful start, spicy, peppery, creamy, sherry, caramel, nuts, honey, malt, maritime (salt); complex!
medium to long, sweet, creamy finish; in the finish, dry nutty;
- A good whisky, which unfolds in waves and on the finish a true crescendo. However, the flavors are not fully balanced, so the whisky lacks that certain something.
As first notes I smell salt, seaweed and vanilla. Underneath is a slightly musty note. Later, more and more aromas of fruit cake, toffee and a light sherry note come through.
The whisky has a slightly oily consistency, coupled with a bourbon-like sweetness. The second wave tastes a lot of salt and some pepper. With water, the salt gives way to a light malt flavor.
The returning sweetness quickly displaces the salt of the taste. Afterwards she strengthens the middle-long finish ever further.
- That's the surprise with the standard 12er. It will take a long time to find a comparable one at this age. "High standard"
He starts thick and sweet. Elegant with mint chocolate and slightly salty smoke aroma, it pulls through the nose.
Very light medicinal but fine vanilla fruity.
" Hello, how are you "
In the entrance he exposes sweet strong pepper. Great start. Wonderfully balanced and mature, he dances in the mouth without disturbing the smoke. But the background is still painted with soft smoke.
Rather long and warm, he pulls down silky soft.
Greetings from hot milk chocolate ....
For this age "Great Cinema". Respect.
- Different flavors fight for supremacy here - finally there is a draw between the fruity sherry casks, the spicy oak influences and the complex smoke. The result is a wonderfully complex 12-year-old who completes every evening perfectly.
delicate smoky notes with salty hints and a little wood ash, caramel with sherry topping, light raisins and grapes, plum liqueur, blackberries, apricots, apples, honey sweetness, resin, pine needles, freshly cracked hazelnuts, fresh oak, clove, cinnamon, blood oranges, a little vanilla and citrus, marshmallows around the campfire, oily, round and fine-spicy, full-bodied character
powerful, again this fine wood smoke, sherry, plum, sweetness, sparkling spice with cinnamon, clove and ginger, stale oak, cedar, walnut, nutmeg, cocoa, subtle caramel and chocolate bitterness, liqueur
Smoke and ash, sherry, orange, a touch of sulfur, slightly sweet with honey, walnut, again clove and cinnamon, dark oak, some cereals, leather, pepper