- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Elixir Distillers (ElD)
- Bottling serie
- The Single Malts of Scotland
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 53.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 23 Jul 2017 5:35 pm
25 × in wishlist
57 × member ratings
61 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ben Nevis 1996 ElD
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.39 points
- Nose 22, taste 22, finish 22, balance 22
- Wonderful Ben Nevis
- Stewed pears, dry sherry. Well integrated with a medium finish. Slight hints of a dirty note popping up after a while. Overall, a very enjoyable dram!
Well balanced despite the abv.
If you let it stay a while more in the glass, you’ll be rewarded with the explosion of stewed apples and pears .
- 22 + 22 + 23 + 22 = 89 ~ WT blind tasting
- Dark fruits and crisp sherry on the nose, which translates to the palate bit there is a hint of sulphur in the mix but its ok
There is also a nice peat angle on this and I think the balance is good,
- 21 22 21 21 85
- Salty, slightly varnish, very calm
Salty, pepper, oily and spicy
Medium length finish, spices and pepper, ripe olives
From the 20 summer release, I expected more in flavor and development
- N 21 P 22 F 22 B22