- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Manager's Dram
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- Sherry Cask
- 64.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The 200th Anniversary of Oban Distillery
- Added on
- 16 Aug 2009 5:00 pm
29 × in wishlist
71 × member ratings
70 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Oban 16-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.20 points
- Quite some sherry bomb there. Chocolate orange leather on the nose, dark fruits on the palate, a long finish, found a bit of sulphur there. Didn’t enjoy it at much as when if first tried it three years ago still an excellent dram
- The Whisky Show Old & Rare Glasgow 23 - 24 February 2019
- Not a huge fan of this one, a sherry bomb. The early MD series are really monsters. Maybe 20 more years of bottle ageing.....
Pungent modern style sherry, leather, syrup, blackcurrant jam, tobacco, dates, all you can find in a sherry monster, a bit rough for me.
Again, match the noses, strong and pungent sherry attach, very dusty, maybe there is some smoke
Long and chocolaty, dark fruits
- + H2O: gets more bitter, a sweet background remains, as does the alcohol
+ H2O: rounder, but more bitter Super Sherrynase, but too much alcohol and under complex. 01.04.2017 89
Q: very dark sherry very good, sweet sherry - be careful with the alcohol, not too intense nose
medium body, bitter - sweet, the mouth becomes dull from alcohol, rum pot?
enormously sustainable, more sweet than bitter
- my review together with 6 other Manager Drams can be found here: http://madmaxhwisky.blogspot.com/2017/01/managers-dram-tasting-ukrainian-whisky.html
- http://kaypingers-whiskyblog.de/frontend/fullarticle.php?id=239 Color: rust red / copper
Nose: leather, malt, sherry, tobacco and an almost negligible spice - unbelievable and that with 64%. Fruity impulses of orange, sweet sherry and balsamic are accompanied by dark chocolate flavors.
Taste: Reluctantly very soft in the first second, but then starting from 0 to 100 in a record-breaking way. The 64% are incredibly restrained despite everything. Sherry, cherries, rum punch, raisins, wood, caramel, sugar and vanilla bars. At the end now even more intensive oak and really sweet.
Finish: Long - yes, the finish is long, but not as you expect it to be. More sherry, red dried berries, lots of caramel, some wood and vanilla. Acidic and unfortunately not the best finish.
Comment: Good? Naturally! But here we set the bar too high for us and actually expected more!
92 points (nose: 92 / taste: 92 / finish: 91)
- "A legendary bottling of 16yo sherried Oban, bottled at its remarkable
cask strength of 64% under the Managers Dram label for UDV staff only to
celebrate the distillery`s bicentenary in 1994."