- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- The Duchess (TDu)
- Bottling serie
- Shieldmaidens - Lagertha
- Stated Age
- 20 years old
- Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 52.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 18 Jul 2017 1:37 pm by bestofwhiskies.com
4 × in wishlist
24 × member ratings
26 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenrothes 1996 TDu
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.55 points
- 85€ for a 20 year old cask strength, even though its bottled 4 years ago is more than fine :-)
- A bit creamier than cask 5 by WhiskyBroker, which is a bit dirtier. But apart from that they're really similar.
A soft, somewhat cookie-like maltiness. Vanilla, apple and honey. Later Wehrter's caramel. With water a sour fruity touch of blood orange.
More of that cookie-like maltiness. Apple, vanilla, honey, peach, quite some spices and a little liquorice.
Malt, almond, honey, vanilla and white chocolate.
- An attractive and balanced nose, with a palate that's a tad too spicy for me. Overall a good dram.
Fresh lemon yoghurt and... well, really plenty of lemon indeed! Clean, fresh, and inviting with subtle notes of vanilla, wet grass, and stewed apples. Not very complex, but a profile that suits me and is well-balanced to boot.
Nice, creamy mouthfeel. There's apple sauce, cinnamon and some cane sugar, followed by bitter oak. Finally some black pepper and cloves, as well as a touch of menthol.
A lingering spiciness, with a fruity encore (pears, apples). Medium in length.
- 7 ratings, 0 times in collection?
Could anyone tell me whether this is as good as it looks from the rating?
- Shared cask met Whiskyclub Ypenburg