- Single Malt
- The Whisky Agency (TWA)
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 26 years old
- Ex-Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 49.5 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 16 Jul 2009 9:18 am
18 × in wishlist
41 × member ratings
16 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Coleburn 1983 TWA
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.32 points
- Could be I should have had this as the first thing that day, but it was too light for me. I liked the naked style where it's mostly just some soft, age-rounded oak that doesn't bite at all, and this light, faintly smoky distillate where the smoke is more noticeable with a dash of water. Sadly the whole is just so delicate I feared it might evaporate too quickly in my glass. A pleasing and fully matured product but either the bottle had been open far too long or it desperately needed more punch. Still, nice to have tasted a Coleburn.
- 【First】: thin amber apple sour sweetness is grape or orange vanilla some stones · rock · mineral feeling Transparent feeling 【Middle】: acid taste like apple as it is a pleasantly astringent as time went swollen with time Body spicy slightly oil 【Finish】: nose omission wonderful return is also sufficiently mouth stimulation noodo burning like sweet time sweetly sticks into the tongue with time and a little spice http://www.whiskylink.com/?p=5066
- This whisky is complex and interesting, developing lively aromas and that some will find unattractive. It's a good slap in my opinion.
The one who bottled it was not afraid and he did well.
Flowering, herbaceous, a sweet woody and a hint of vanilla. A fruity freshness that I can not pin down. This nose is engaging, pleasant, without too much alcohol. After only a few minutes this coolness is still expressed and the whole becomes almost too light. Maybe a little barbecue smoke back. After a quarter of an hour, we feel an evolution towards more farmy, more earthy notes. A funny nose, which evolves rather oddly.
Light, attack on this freshness already perceived on the nose. Almonds, notes "green". Fruits (kiwis) and a good dose of spices. The alcohol is slightly too present. It is not an easy set, with aromas that could be considered unpleasant, it's a bit of a challenge ...
Medium, on bitter woody notes pleasantly disturbing.
- pity that the mouth is set back
Very waxy, a nice freshness and hints of yellow fruits and citrus fruits. A very Clynelish nose with more beautiful floral notes.
Superb texture, a whisky that envelops the palate. A mouth simpler than the nose on grassy notes, wax, a slight bitterness and yellow fruits.
- This was my third Coleburn and again a good one. I did not expect that this closed distillery produced several casks of such high quality. Recommended bottling, if you want to taste a good Coleburn. But don`t hurry and take your time to explore all its facets.
Clean, fresh and fruity (citrus fruit mixture and apples). Pancakes with apple sauce, vanilla and almonds. Orange blossoms. Very nice.
Warming, clean and fresh. White oak, which is intensively perfumed with citrus flavors. Then there is tea and ginger. Nice taste.
Long, clean and dry.